AAUW International Fellowships Registration Portal 2022/2023 is open for interested and qualified Women to Study in the United States of America (Masters, Doctoral and Postdoc). How to apply, eligibility, selection criteria, Benefits and closing date for AAUW 2022 programme contained below.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is inviting applications for international student, women precisely to Study in the United States (Masters, Doctoral and Postdoc) to register/apply for AAUW International Fellowships 2022.
The International Fellowships have been in existence since 1917 and is aim to provide support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career. A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
READ- Dangote Group Massive Recruitment 2022/2023- apply.workable.com/dangote
Benefits of the AAUW International Fellowships Programme
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): AAUW, USA
- Host Institution(s): AAUW, USA
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Study Level: Full-time Graduate or Postdoctoral
- Nationality: International Students (Women)
Eligibility to apply for AAUW International Fellowships
- International Fellowships are open to women, including people who identify as women, in all fields of study at an accredited institution of higher education or, for postdoctoral fellows, research. AAUW will make final decisions about what constitutes eligible institutions.
- Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application.
- Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
- International Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels and task forces.
ALSO READ- Edo State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment 2022
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components (see below), which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language. Applicants planning to take one of the accepted English proficiency exams should plan for and take the test as early as possible. Please direct questions about the tests to the test provider.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc. Certificates, associate degrees, and undergraduate degrees are ineligible.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2022; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
Distance learning/online programs: Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW. AAUW will accept applications from applicants who are temporarily studying remotely due to COVID-19 precautions at their institution.
- Applicants residing in their home country at time of application, from developing/emerging countries, or from an underrepresented group in any region, will receive special consideration.
- Position on return to home country.
- Academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of women and girls in home country.
- Proposed time schedule.
- Quality and feasibility of proposed plan of study or research.
- Demonstrated evidence of prior community and/or civic service in home country.
- Applicant’s country’s need for the specialized knowledge or skill.
- Financial need.
- Motivation for graduate study or research.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ- Top 25 Best International Nursing Recruitment Agencies in USA – See Requirements
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowships Programme 2022/2023
Interested and qualified candidates are to click here AAUW To Apply
Kindly complete all required components in the following areas:
- Recommendations, Documents & Review
Closing Date for AAUW International Fellowships Programme 2022/2023
All application must be completed and summited on or before November 15, 2022
We encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply