African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) Internship Programme for young Africans- Apply Now
This post is to direct you on the steps to apply for African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) Internship Programme application form that has started. Kindly read through the criteria and qualifications to enable know if you are qualified for the Internship Programme specifically for young Africans. See all you need to know for a successful application below The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa.
READ- The British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment for Procurement Officer, AO
The program is open to students who are :
- Students with proven enrollment in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study programs in a recognized institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law, or related fields;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this program.
Once accepted, successful candidates will be given two weeks within which to accept a conditional offer from the Bank, or else it will expire. During this period, they will be expected to show evidence of the possession of medical insurance and group personal accident cover that is valid in Egypt (or their given internship location) during their period of internship. Failure to provide this before the start of the internship will lead to the automatic withdrawal of the offer.
Interns will be expected to start their internship within the first month of each internship season.
ALSO READ- Orange Group Limited Recruitment for Production Executive- How to Apply
On commencement, interns will be taken through the Bank’s normal induction process and then attached to a particular primary department, whose Head of Department will select a mentor for them during their internship period. However, through the period of their internship, they will be rotated around the various departments of the Bank as deemed fit by their mentor and Head of the department.
At the end of the internship, candidates will be expected to write a report on what they have gained from the internship and how they intend to use this knowledge to promote intra and extra-African trade.
Terms and conditions of the Internship
Interns are expected to take care of their own upkeep during their internship program including accommodation, meals, transport, clothing, medical, and group personal accident insurance.
However, the Bank will, on gratis terms, provide the following to successful interns:
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A monthly tax-free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs;
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, based on their previous site;
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship program; and
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship program, if so required.
The hotel accommodation costs cannot be exchanged for cash;
- For managing competency requirements, all interns will be linked to the Associate grade in the Bank’s current grade structure. Any incidental allowances that may need to be applied (e.g. travel where required) will use this grade as the basis of the award;
- Interns are neither contract nor permanent staff of the Bank and are therefore not entitled to any of the benefits that accrue to any of the Bank’s various categories of staff in any respect;
- Candidates can only intern with the Bank once and for a minimum period of 3 months and a maximum period of 6 months;
- The internship does not in any way offer the promise of employment of any sort with the Bank either before, during or after the internship; and
- Interns are expected to abide by the Bank’s regulations as highlighted in its various documents (including the staff manual) and to behave in a manner that is expected of all the Bank’s staff. In case of breach of any of the bank’s regulations, management reserves the right to terminate the internship program and all attendant benefits with 1 day’s notice, without any obligation on the part of the Bank.
To fill the internship application form, applicants are required to take note of the following below:
- Letter of application.
- Copy of their current CV.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- Recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months.
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme.
How to Apply for African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) Internship Programme for young Africans
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
Application Closing Date: Not specified
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply