The Institution is located in the well-known Agricultural Training and Research town of Umudike, about 9 kilometres from Umuahia town, the capital of Abia State. The major link road to the University is the Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road, a direct route to the State Capitals of Abia, Akwa-lbom and Cross River States. Being close to Umuahia, the University is linked through a major North-South Express Road to most parts of the country.
We are accepting application for the following position:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Umudike, Abia
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Requirements for Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Recruitment 2022
- Candidates for the Position must possess a Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University / Institution of higher learning and a member of Professional Accounting Body of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN or any other recognized Professional Accounting Body with 20 years post-qualification experience, 12 years of which must be in an institution of higher learning, and at least five (5) years as a Deputy Bursar.
- Candidates for the post of Bursar must exhibit considerable Degree in Financial Resource Management.
- Applicants must be in good health and able to endure the rigours of the duties of the office.
- Prospective candidates must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT driven Bursary, working at the highest level of efficiency to eliminate time wasting, bureaucracy and bottlenecks.
- The ability to advise the Vice-Chancellor in planning and executing strategies for enhancing internal revenue generation as well as promoting the culture of “doing more with less” shall be required.
- Candidates for the post must be less than Sixty (60) years old at the time of assumption of duty.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
The University Bursar shall hold offices for a single term of Five (5) years on such remunerations, terms and conditions of service as may be specified in their letter of appointment and as may be decided frorn time to time by the Federal Government / Governing Council of the University.
How to Apply Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Recruitment 2022
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Thirty (30) sets of their Application, giving the information in the following order in their CV:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Position Applied For
- Place & Date of Birth
- Nationality, State of Origin & Local Government Area
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Working Experience including full details of Former and Present post(s) with Dates
- List of Publications (where applicable)
- Honors / Distinctions with Dates
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies with Date
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees.
All Applications should be forwarded by courier service to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
P.M.B 7267, Umuahia,
Abia State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should request the three Referees to forward their Reference Letters under separate covers and addressed to “The Registrar, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State”.
- The Referees should also be requested to Indicate the candidate’s name, position applied for on the left hand corner of the mailing envelope and must reach the Registrar before the day of the Interview.
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the Applications should indicate the Post applied for at the top left-hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar & Secretary to Council
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2022.
How to get latest Job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address firstname.lastname@example.org for updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here