Apply for Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH) Job Recruitment for Director of Works 2022- This is to inform the general public of Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH) 2022 recruitment exercise ongoing for interested and qualified persons to apply using the recruitment link portal contain below.
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola formally known Federal University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria, was established in 1981 by the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide the much needed technologically skilled manpower for the nation. It is one of the Federal Universities recognized by National Universities Commission (NUC) to offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in different fields of Science and Technology.
The University’s first set of 108 students graduated in the 1988/89 academics session. The University was merged to University of Maiduguri in the 1984, when it became the Modibbo Adama Campus (MACUM), of University of Maiduguri. However, in 1988, it was de-merged and granted full autonomy with the name reverted to Federal University of Technology, Yola. In 2011, the then President and Commander in-Chief, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR approved the change of the University’s name to Modibbo Adama University of Technology, (MAUTECH) Yola, effective from 1st October 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Director of Works is the Head of the Directorate of Works and Maintenance of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-running of the Directorate.
Other functions of the Director, includes:
- Responsibility for the day to day physical/infrastructural facilities management and maintenance in the University.
- Supervision and ensuring quality standards/maintenance and servicing of physical structures in the University.
- Keeping an inventory of all university properties and having responsibility for its maintenance, security and upkeep
- Carrying out other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor
- Interested Candidates for these posts must have a good honours Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, Quantity Surveying or any relevant degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of second class lower division plus NYSC discharge certificate, evidence of exemption or exclusion.
- Possession of a higher degree in relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body with a current practicing license as well as a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification working experience and must have attained the rank of a Deputy Director or its equivalent in a University system or tertiary institution.
- Applicants must be proactive, have high integrity and moral character, with excellent communication and interpersonal relations.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of the university system and command respect and engender loyalty of the university community.
- He/she must enjoy good mental and physical health, be ICT compliant with proficiency in relevant computer applications and be able to provide good professional leadership to the Staff of their respective Directorates.
- Candidates should not be above 60 years at the time of assumption of office.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful candidates shall hold office for a period of four (4) years from the effective date of appointment.
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the respective offices in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
How to Apply for Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and twenty (20) copies of their credentials and current curriculum vitae, duly signed, and dated giving the following information:
- Full name, current postal and contact address, permanent home address
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin and LGA
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic qualification obtained with dates, class, institutions and distinctions
- Membership of Academic and professional bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts, employers and work schedule
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in envelopes marked at the Upper Left-Hand Corner and marked “POST OF DIRECTOR WORKS, MAU, YOLA” and addressed to:
Modibbo Adamawa University,
P.M.B. 2076, Yola,
Adamawa State, Nigeria.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ- Apply for Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme (MTP) 2022
- Referees Report: Candidates should request their Referees to forward references on him/her directly to the Registrar/Secretary of Council attesting to their character, integrity and academic and management capabilities in a sealed Envelopes and marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction at an appointed date;
- All applications and Referees reports must reach the Registrar not later than the application closing date.
- Correspondence: Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Closing Date Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
Submission of application ends 22nd August, 2022.
Information is power hence,we encourage you to share this article with your friends in order to keep them updated.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here