Apply for Safety Advisor at East at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO): Applications are invited for Safety Advisor – East
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
Applications are invited for the following position below:
Job Title: Safety Advisor – East
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Brief Summary Of Job
- Safety Advisor positions are highly rewarding roles, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving security analysis and advice that is not only some of the best of its kind, but that is also vital to the efforts of the NGO community to deliver aid and assistance to the thousands of people who need it.
- You will be outgoing and resilient, with the ability to analyse complex security issues and contexts, give sound practical safety and security advice and communicate to an excellent standard of English.
- Support the Deputy Director for Support and the Director in the development of context-specific analysis across the region
- Establish and maintain an active information network, which includes NGOs, the UN, military forces, and other national and international security actors to obtain credible and relevant safety information.
- Provide NGOs with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through; daily incident alerts, weekly incident lists and bi-weekly analytical reports.
- Effectively represent, promote and protect INSO’s mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Facilitate and lead regional NGO community security roundtables.
- Assist NGOs in developing their own security management capacities by reviewing policy documents, conducting site-security surveys, and assisting in crisis evacuation planning.
- Manage a small office team, including supervision of national staff and oversight of local logistics and administration.
Candidates should possess the following requirement.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience.
- Strong writing and proven analytical abilities.
- Experience in insecure/conflict-affected environments.
- Recent experience in the Lake Chad Basin region – ideally in an NGO safety role or equivalent – and demonstrable understanding of the security dynamics and context.
- Experience with NGO security and/or project management.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A people manager.
- Excellent analyst
- Team player
Terms & Conditions and Benefits
- 12-month contract based in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
- Salary: €4,550 per month
- 4 days annual leave per calendar month and 7 days of R&R every 2 months with an allowance of €1250 each R&R cycle, housing, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and USD $200,000 AD&D coverage.
How to Apply for Safety Advisor at East at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO).
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents to: email@example.com and reference ‘SA – East’ in the subject line of your email.
Application Closing Date 18th August, 2022.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page max).
- Up to date CV.
- One relevant and substantive writing sample in English that demonstrates your analytical and reporting ability (10-page maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- INSO’s Safeguarding Policy: INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply