World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.
It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NPO (Public Health and Environment)
Job ID: 2204185
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO is to help countries, and to coordinator international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaksand emergencies.
Description of Duties
- Conduct emergency rapid assessment for WASH (water, hygiene, sanitation, waste management),vector control and infection control inventory and needs in the health facilities and for the health activities required in response to the emergency incident.
- Ensure that WASH, vector control and infection controlset up in the health facilities and for health activities are conducted and setaccording to Sphere and WHO Standards.
- Secure water, hygiene, sanitation and infection control for health activities within the WASH cluster, providing implementation guidance.
- Conduct required training for MOH staff and WHO partners to build up local competences and facilitate the compliance with theWASH standards for all health activities.
- Draft required evaluation or situation reports to ensure appropriated communication with OSL lead and all related technical experts.Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Follow up and report country progress on WASH activities within the health facilities and for health activities in the context of the incident management system. Identify gaps and propose remedial actions.
- Provide technical expertise, and when required,onsite support to the health partners on WASH, coordinating and proactivelyparticipate in the design and implementation of plans to build up or rehabilitate emergency health facilities.
- Provide onsite support to ensure applicability and appropriate implementation of the recommended infection control activities in the health facilities and for the health activities supported by the WHO,specifically for medical waste management, safe and dignified burial of infectious bodies, health staff and patients protection.
- First University Degree in Engineering, Health of Humanitarian Logistics or other related field from an accredited/recognized institute, with specialization in water and sanitation.
- Advanced university (Master’s level or above) in Public Health Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Degree or training in Computer Applications in Water and Sanitation project design and related database systems.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in the design and implementation of water and sanitation assessment and/or the design and management of related projecting emergency situations. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative actions with national authorities.
- Sound knowledge of WHO mandate and goals, relevant work experience in UN organizations/agencies, international institutions, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or NGOs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emergency response situations in the field of water and sanitation with proven ability to identify and solve technical problems in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present factual information.
- Knowledge of WHO, the UN System or NGO work in the field of response relief and/or of their practices and procedures as related to the work.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with proven ability to elaborate and implement projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to promote cohesive actions and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at N22,134,904 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply for World Health Organization (WHO) Job Recruitment for NPO (Public Health and Environment)
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Please take note of the following important information
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here