Chief Security Officer at British American Tobacco – Apply Now: The British American Tobacco recruitment is opened for interested and qualified persons to apply for a Chief Security Officer (CSO). All you need to apply for this great opportunity are contained below.
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are inviting interested persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Ibadan, Lagos
Seniority Level: Non-management
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Reports To: Operations Security Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The purpose of the role is to execute, coordinate and implement action plans on a range of security issues with respect to factory security, finished goods while in the factory, and all internal warehouses in the factory.
- The general factory operations, including all aspects of personnel security, access control, running the security Command and Control Centre, journey management, and company information security are the primary areas of responsibility for this role.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Conduct a Site Security and Vulnerability Assessment (SSAVA) of the factory and its environs to ensure set standards are met. Propose mitigating actions where risks are identified.
- Coordinate all factory personnel to ensure that all company assets and equipment issued out for use are carefully handled and recommend for repairs and or replacement as soon as they occur.
- Keep an accurate database of all contractors working with the factory.
- Coordinate security personnel to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Send timely situation and incident reports when required
- Identify all risks to factory operations by conducting periodic (daily & quarterly) assessments.
- Propose effective measures to mitigate such risks
- Review and update SOP’s for the Ibadan factory. Task, develop and train security personnel to implement SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance with company access control procedures and maintain an appropriate record of access control activities/resources.
- Carry out bi-annual training sessions on different security subjects for the guard force and other security personnel.
- Work with the Operations Security Manager to facilitate business continuity management in the factory.
- Design and ensure the conduct of emergency simulations to ensure the readiness of the security team to handle emergencies.
- Liaise with various regulatory authorities/ government agencies (such as police, DSS etc) to maintain a safe and secure environment at the factory.
- Ensure the compilation and submission of a weekly security report for operations, in standard format, is submitted weekly to the Operations Security Manager.
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on all alarm systems and electronic equipment.
- Monitor the journey management system for the operations team and ensure seamless ground transport always in line with agreed schedules.
- Ensure the embedding of the Security Risk Management Model across BAT operations in Nigeria
- Tobacco, and finished goods, in respect of its storage and dispatch.
- Company assets, information, property, and business operations.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Between 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an FMCG company.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Information Technology Systems, or Education in Security Administration or similar field will be an asset
- Ability to communicate with senior management, on threat assessment, security requirements and provide timely and actionable recommendations.
- Be sensitive to processes, and have clear, logical thinking for related duties.
- Team player with strong communication skills and can handle high pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Good knowledge of potential threats to factory operations.
- Proven proficiency in developing physical and digital security protocols and procedures.
- Experience or background in law enforcement would constitute an advantage.
- Knowledge of principles of personnel protection and demonstrable experience planning & executing executive protection tasks.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here