Communications Associate at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)-Apply Now
Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting interested and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Associate
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
- We seeking a highly talented Communication Associate to organise and manage the internal and external communications activities of the GAIN Nigeria country office portfolio.
- This role will be based out of GAIN Nigeria’s office in Abuja and is offered on a 2 years’ fixed term contract (subject to funding).
About the Role
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Policy & Advocacy, and in close collaboration with the GAIN global communications team through Communications Manager – Country Programmes, the post holder will be tasked with fostering better understanding and support to GAIN’s operational work as well as make sure that GAIN’s information, advice, and guidance effectively reaches key audiences to increase uptake of nutritious and safe diets.
- The successful candidate will be a key resource, supporting the GAIN Nigeria Team by driving external and internal communications, and supporting learning across projects.
Role Specifics include:
- Building internal communications capacity by providing timely and effective information on key developments and initiatives to GAIN Nigeria staff
- Developing quality media advocacy/communications materials (e.g. flyers, leaflets, fact sheets, success stories, media kits, photographs, video clips, documentaries, radio programs etc)
- Developing media plans to coordinate outreach to public and media and messaging to be consistent in with GAIN Nigeria brand
- Managing media relations and deliver media briefing kits including press releases or live streaming press conferences and after event transcript files for high level selected milestones
- Supporting with regular monitoring activities and reporting to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts
- Strengthening and positioning the digital communication at country level through targeted digital engagement and positioning
- Ensuring that the GAIN Nigeria’s digital media platforms and tools (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) are well maintained, updated, and aligned to GAIN corporate digital communications
- Liaising with GAIN global communications to ensure GAIN Nigeria website page is regularly updated
- Other relevant duties as assigned as assigned by the Head of Policy and Advocacy.
Education: Qualifications Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations Or Journalism, International Relations, Development Studies, or similar relevant qualification/academic background / equivalent work experience.
- You must be a self-starter with proven professional experience of working in a similar communications focused role, preferably with an NGO or international organisation.
- You will be an effective communicator and be able to use this skill to develop positive relationships to motivate the teams and external stakeholders.
- In addition, you will have social media and digital content creation skills alongside proven experience working with country teams, Government, UN, development partners, media, and research agencies.
- You must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Programmes (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is an additional asset.
N6,897,828 – N7,876,788 per annum, dependent on experience.
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply for Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
This is to inform all applicants that the closing date for Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) recruitment exercise is 8th June, 2022
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here