Applications are now opened for Egbin Power Plc job recruitment 2022. Interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacancies following the steps and guidelines contained below.
Egbin Power Plc Recruitment for Operation Manager
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- This position deploys and coordinates resources to operate the plant within established operating windows to assure continuous safe operations and safe recovery from disruptions.
- Define and execute strategies to maintain the Operating Integrity of Egbin Generation Plant to maximize production, availability, reliability and utilization, to meet commercial generation commitments while operating to Egbin HSE standards and Statutory regulatory requirements.
- Define and drive implementation of Operating Integrity management systems, Operations Processes, Tools, Procedures and Work Instructions for operating the plant within regulatory and defined operational limits covering start-up, normal and abnormal operations, normal and emergency shutdowns and isolation, supporting all BCG Assets to meet production commitments as defined in the Business Plan and yearly generation targets.
- Define, implement and maintain a shift management system providing assurance of continuous competent manning with defined minimum manning at all levels covering safe routine and non-routine operations. Drive the evolution and implementation of tools for monitoring shift performance including Shift Monitoring Plans, Shift Logs, safe handover process from one shift to another etc.
- Define and maintain Competency Standards for Operations to match responsibilities with competence and to consistently achieve defined minimum criteria of safe operation.
- Manage departmental resources to ensure uninterrupted day to day operations and employee/plant safety and coordinate escalation of shift operations’ welfare needs and other issues pertaining to shift operations for appropriate resolution.
- In conjunction with Technical Standards and HSE Departments, define and drive implementation of ISSOW (Integrated Safe System of Work/Permit To Work) standards and tools to control execution of HSE critical activities to consistently achieve the goal of No Harm to people, the Environment and Equipment. Ensure adherence to health, safety, environment statutory requirements and conform with ISO 18000(OHSAS) specifications
- Define and drive implementation of Monitoring and Control Strategies and Routines to monitor performance and control of plant processes and equipment. Implement and maintain a system to assure the integrity of Process Flow and Equipment.
- Define and implement strategies and procedures for Abnormal Situation Management when outside Operational Limits; define systems and tools for managing and controlling deviations from normal operations.
- Define, implement and maintain strategies, procedures and standards for managing emergencies; drive the definition and maintenance of adequate pre-incident planning processes for routine and non-routine operations
- Drive continuous Learning and Improvement of operating performance standards through benchmark data, audits, scheduled Operational Reliability/Excellence studies and reviews across all Operations discipline; implement results and recommendations
- Maintain the Inventory of OEM Manuals (Design Manuals, Operating Manuals and Maintenance) and ensure translation to and compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Practices & Work Instructions).
- Communicate operational requirements agreed at daily technical meetings, shut-down planning meetings, asset and maintenance coordination meetings and ensure that Shift managers execute safely.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation or Power Engineering.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years in the power sector or similar plant environment, including experience in performance monitoring & analysis and planning
- Having a Master’s Degree or relevant professional qualification in Business Management, Energy Economics or relevant Management Sciences is an added advantage
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good business writing skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Knowledge of Maintenance systems, contract system and procedures, material issue and return procedure
- Ability to comprehend OEM manuals and leverage them to develop standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Knowledge of operations of steam turbine power plant and its components – generation turbine, boiler, BOP, etc.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of key machine performance characteristics
- Maintenance and operations planning skills
- Ability to identify impending problems and take preventive measures
- Analytical ability for technical problem solving
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Cost and efficiency consciousness
- Knowledge of safety, environment, OHSAS and other statutory requirements
How to Apply for Egbin Power Plc Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to begin application
Application Deadline for Egbin Power Plc Recruitment
2nd May, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here