Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) Recruitment for Drivers 2022 – We are in need of Professional drivers for recruitment at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN). Interested and qualified candidates to apply successfully by using the steps and guidelines contained below.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Organizational Unit: FRNIR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Duration: 6 Months and Renewable
- Assist 14 countries in West, Central and East Africa to implement the Global Health Security Agenda in
- Assist 11 countries in West and Central Africa in wmergency H5N1 HPAI prevention and control;
- The consultant will contribute to the implementation of ECTAD West and Central Africa programmes, currently consisting of the following component:
- Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT-2)/Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA): The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), under the EPT-2/GHSA Programme, has granted funding to FAO to support Africa to address the problem of emerging and re-emerging high impact zoonoses. The FAO’s EPT-2/GHSA Programme is a global programme with components in Africa, Asia and the Near East. In Africa, the programme which was recently renamed “Supporting the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) to address Zoonotic Disease and Animal Health in Africa” includes the following key components:
- Under the GHSA component, FAO will focus on developing capacity around supporting the GHSA 1 country-prioritized priority zoonoses. Although FAO work contributes to all action packages, FAO support will focus on 4 GHSA action packages including Zoonotic diseases, Biosafety & Biosecurity, Laboratory mainly relating to zoonotic diseases, and Workforce Development.
- Assist 6 countries in West, East and North Africa, through the so-called Africa Sustainable Livestock 2050 Project (ASL2050), to design policies to decrease health threats and potential negative environmental impacts of anticipated unregulated growth of the livestock sector.
- The Driver reports directly to the ECTAD Team Leader and Assistant FAO Representative, Administration and also maintain close collaborations with ECTAD, programme, operations and administration teams in FAO Representation for smooth service delivery in order to meet the objectives of the organization.
- Provides driving supports to ECTAD project in country and other projects in the Representation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the ECTAD Team Lead and Assistant FAOR (Admin), the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
- When needed, assist the ECTAD and country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records etc.
- Drive the ECTAD staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Representative and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary;
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly;
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to ECTAD and the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites etc; to take and deliver items and communication; keep records as required;
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in and other local formalities;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation/vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs etc;
- Ensure day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicles(s) check oils, water, battery, tires etc; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicles safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
- Secondary School Education, Possession of valid driver’s license.
- 2 years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
- Proficiency in English language is required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ-NerdzFactory NYSC Internship Program 2022 for Nigerians-Apply Now
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Meeting deadlines;
- Conversant with the manuals in the field of general administration and logistic principles and procedures and practices is essential.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Communication skills to maintain good working relationships with people from different nationality and cultural background.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task and to maintain good working relationships with people of different nationalities and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with UN rules and FAO rules and regulations
- Previous work experience with UN agencies would be an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Communication skills to maintain good working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: All candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Application Closing date 10:59 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to get latest Job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions Click here