This is to inform the general public that applications are hereby invited for interested and qualified candidates to apply for a full time job at Gateway (ICT) Polytechnic. Gateway (ICT) Polytechnic, Saapade was established and commissioned on 22nd June, 2006.
At present, the Polytechnic has gotten all its courses fully accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NETE) which cut across the National Diploma, Higher National Diploma and Part-Time courses.
Also, the institution has deservedly earned the recognition of Federal regulatory agencies like the NBTE, JAMB, WAEC, ITF e.t.c. The Polytechnic has two Campuses (Saapade and Aiyepe). Saapade Campus is located along Lagos / Ibadan Expressway, Saapade, Ogun State, while Aiyepe Campus is in Aiyepe-ljebu.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Saapade, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He/she has the power to exercise general authonty over both the Staff and Students and he/she is also responsible for discipline subject to the general control of the governing Council in the Polytechnic.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The Candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold a Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) from a recognized Institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic sector (Science & Technology, Engineering, Commerce and Management)
- A minimum of second-class lower division Degree or a minimum of lower credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) in the following disciplines: Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management from a recognized Institution
- A minimum of twenty (20) years teaching experience in Tertiary Institutions, at least ten (10) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET Institution
- Provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body bodies recognized by the Federal Government.
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Be able to attract research grants to the Polytechnic
- Physical and Mentally fit with evidence from a Government Hospital
- Proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- A Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank
- Not more than fifty-Nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of office for a term of 5 years
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the Appointee shall enjoy other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the State Government.
How to Apply for Gateway ICT Polytechnic Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit typewritten copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach photocopies of all relevant documents in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es)
- Education and Institution attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of professional Bodies / Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic/Scholars Publications:
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present employment to include status, duties and any other relevant experiences
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Current employment
- Names and address of three (3) References who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR” at the top left-hand corner, addressed to:
The Ag Registrar,
The Gateway (ICT) Polytechnic, Saapade,
P.M.B. 2003, Isara-Remo,
P.M.B 2004, Ode-Remo,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their Certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies would not be accepted.
- Referees are to forward their confidential reports directly to the Registrar at the address above
Application Closing Date Friday; 5th August, 2022.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here