United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) recruitment –Apply for graduate intern at United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA). Interested and qualified candidate to apply via the link contained in this article. See below for more details
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
See vacant position below:
Job Title: Intern – Public Information, I (Temporary Job Opening)
Job Opening Number: 21-Public Information-OCHA-156368-J-Abuja (A)
Staffing Exercise: N/A
READ Career Opportunities at UN Women: How To Apply
- This internship advertisement is to fill an internship position located in the OCHA Nigeria office in Abuja
- The intern reports to the Head of the Public Information and Communication Unit
- Selected intern will be expected to serve for an initial period of two (2) to four (4) months, with a possibility for extension, depending on the needs of OCHA and the availability of the selected candidate. The internship is unpaid.
The intern will play a key role in launching and managing the social media channels for the OCHA Nigeria country office and the intern’s daily responsibilities will consist of supporting the Public Information and Communication unit:
- Organizes or participates in the organization of conferences, seminar, press briefings, interviews, etc.; prepares briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries and information requests internally and externally; prepares related correspondence.
- Tracks, researches and analyses information on assigned topics/issues; gathers information from diverse sources and helps to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- In consultation with others identifies and proposes information opportunities, activities and approaches, taking into account the situation/topic and target audience.
- Identifies key contacts/constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate communication efforts and maintains working relationships with the same.
- Drafts/compiles a specific type or types (e.g. print, broadcast, etc.), of information communications products for target audiences, to include press releases, media packets and reports, brochures, briefings, video clips, newsletters, websites, etc.
- Organizes the clearance, production and distribution of information material; conducts photo and graphic research.
- Prepares, on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initials drafts of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Client Orientation: considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients “and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
ALSO CHECK Current Jobs UNFPA Recruitment Form 2021
The applicant is expected to:
- Have an interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation from an academic programme.
- Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
- The University degree must be in the area of Journalism, International Relations, Humanitarian Response, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Design or other relevant field.
You may also check Malaria Consortium Recruitment 2021 Job Vacancies: Application Form Portal 2021
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Candidates will be assessed based on their Personal History Profile. Individual interviews may be conducted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
- A complete online application (e.g. Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation date (when you will be graduating from the programme)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
- Dates of your availability
- In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, if any, IT skills and three references. Due to the high volume of applications received, Only successful candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
All candidates interested and qualified should:
Click here to apply
Note the following important information below
- For purposes of this internship, “child” means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member’s spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). “Sibling” includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child of the spouse of a parent of a staff member including half and step siblings.
- Please do not plan or initiate any travel or report to the office unless you are asked to report in writing.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by the United Nations. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations.
- In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for part or the entirety of the internship. Interns will need to provide all necessary hardware (computer), software and internet connection to perform the internship remotely.
- There is no expectation of employment by the United Nations upon completion of the internship.
Deadline For Application
Applications closes 8th June, 2021.
Recommended Job Vacancies
Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution (PHED) Massive Recruitment 2021: Graduate Trainee Scheme 2021
Latest 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Delta State Government- Apply Here
Malaria Consortium Recruitment 2021 Job Vacancies: Application Form Portal 2021
Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment 2021:How To Apply And Requirements Needed
National MSME Survival Clinics Grant 2021/2022 – msmeclinics.gov.ng
To get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address email@example.com for updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply