How To Apply And Collect NYSC Exemption/Exclusion letter:Foreign and home Trained Graduates: This post contains a well detailed explanation and guide on how to apply and collect NYSC exemption /exclusion letter without stress and also collect the exemption letter when it is ready with ease.
This process applies for NYSC BATCH A, BATCH B, BATCH C prospective corp members (PCM).
NYSC has made it easy for all interested persons to apply and collect their exemption letters. You can only collect this letter if you don’t meet the basic qualifications to serve.
What is the NYSC exemption letter?
in simple explanation,NYSC exemption certificate is given to those persons who for reason are above the NYSC required age, or by the virtue of their position or service to the country may or should not go for the one year National Youth Service program of the NYSC.
So, if for some reasons you can’t go for the National Youth Service and you still need the NYSC certificate (For job reasons etc), first see eligibility (as stated in this post, below) to know if you can apply or not.
Who Is Eligible or Qualified To Collect NYSC Exemption Letter?
- Graduates above 30 years of age
- Part-time graduates
- Some special departments (SLT etc)
- Persons who have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or member of staff of any of the following:
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service, or
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- Persons who have been conferred with any National Honour.
How To Collect NYSC Exemption/Exclusion Certificate
For Home Trained Graduates
The process begins with the Corps Producing Institutions.
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOR FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
Please Note – Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
Corrections and Complaints on NYSC certificate of exemption
Issues of complaints and corrections for home trained graduates are to be routed through the Institutions of graduation. The school then forwards such cases with necessary attachments such as a photocopy of print-out to NYSC for the purpose of rectification or further necessary action.
Foreign-trained graduates are to submit a handwritten application with the attachment of photocopy of International passport –data page and original Certificate of Exemption to be addressed to the Director-General, NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, indicating their address and telephone number.
How to Apply And Replace Lost NYSC Exemption Certificate
In the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
Home Trained Graduates
- A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
Foreign Trained Candidates
- A letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Photocopy of International passport
- Where available, the copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
Note: For Foreign Trained Graduates i.e. students that schooled abroad, Collection of Certificate of Exemption or NYSC Exemption Letter is done at the NYSC Directorate Headquarters at the communicated time.
Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches (batches A, B and C) of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
No one can collect the certificate for you.
How to get NYSC update regularly
To be updated regularly, kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address firstname.lastname@example.org for updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here