IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Project 2022– Are you an unemployed Nigerian youth? This update is to inform you that the application form portal are now opened for IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project Special Work and Learn Training Programme 2022. How to apply for this great opportunity are all contained below
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project Special Work and Learn Training Programme 2022 for Young Nigerians – The project targets young people belonging to this age group, especially marginalised and disadvantaged youth in rural communities.
- Interest in the project commodities and related value chain activities.
Youth who are passionate about agriculture and value chain activities.
- Innovativeness and creativity.
Presenting creative and innovative ideas and concepts for agribusiness could be an added advantage for consideration.
- Employment status.
Those who are currently unemployed or underemployed at the time of application. In addition to those who are not currently benefiting from any development project or government scheme such as N-power, FADAMA, Anchor Borrowers Scheme, Presidential Youth Empowerment Programme and others.
Beneficiaries must have at least a junior or secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language of the project. Agrihub intends to run an inclusive project that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
- Personal qualities and skills
The outcome of the project depends crucially on the quality of the beneficiaries. Particular attention is paid to personal qualities such as social skills, communication and leadership skills.
- Place of residence
Preference will be given to the place where the training takes place.
- Affiliation to a registry association or organised group.
The project will target members of youth/women groups, such as farmers’ groups, cooperatives, etc., to reach the required number of beneficiaries. Membership of such a group can be an added advantage.
- Commitment – willingness to complete the incubation programme.
Young people will be required to sign a commitment form setting out the guidelines/expectations for participation in the training.
- Entrepreneurship o Volunteering and community support.
Young people willing to participate even without incentives/benefits? More so, they must show commitment to community support and development.
- They must have access to a working mobile phone.
A working mobile phone is needed to facilitate communication with participants and to enable e-teaching methodology due to the current pandemic and the need to take safety precautions.
- Abeokuta Residence
You must currently reside in Abeokuta or have accommodation within abeokuta for 3 months.
- Health condition
Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
Special Criteria – Employment Track
- Employment status: not currently working, employed or engage in any form of job (either fulltime, part-time or contract)
- Those with at least 1year experience in vegetable farming but interested in Hydroponics and screen production system
- Interested in working within the vegetable and horticulture industry
- Ready to commit three month to this program
- Willingness to undergo internship in relevant farms
Special Criteria – Entrepreneurship Track
- Have an ongoing farm or agribusiness venture
- Interested in acquiring more skill to grow their new or existing business
- Member of horticulture agricultural cooperative or youth group who need technical or managerial capacity to strengthening their business
- Business Plan development and pitch deck support
- Support for loan documentation and application
- Starter pack or kit will not be provided
- Amplify your personal and professional growth
How to get latest updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here