International Organization for Migration (Abuja) Recruitment Application Form For Junior Customer Care Assistant- See steps and guidelines on how to apply for International Organization for Migration (Abuja) Recruitment here
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are accepting applications to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Customer Care Assistant
SVN No. : CFCV2022.137
IOM Classification: UG
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Organizational Unit : Migration Health Assessment Center
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (Abuja) or Migration Health Officer (Lagos) and the direct supervision of the Senior Medical Assistant the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Abuja, Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide general information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the clients.
- Greet visitors and provide a positive image of IOM and hospitality for clients, and visitors.
- Identify and provide assistance to clients requiring prioritization
- Assist in maintaining a visitor’s log and ensure they are provided with security access to the building and offices if required.
- Gathering, organizing, and archiving paper and electronic files and documents. Secures and protects the privacy of such documents and files.
- Receives, directs, and tracks all incoming/outgoing correspondence (courier packages, etc.) adhering to established procedures in the mission.
- Monitor the process flow to ensure order and manage crowding in waiting areas by redistributing clients to other stations when necessary
- Answer clients’ questions and provide information regarding health assessment process.
- Direct clients to the right department, staff, or helpful resources such as bulletins, brochures etc. Follow up with customers as needed to ensure any problems are resolved
- Maintains constant vigilance to ensure the safety of clients, staff, and IOM property. Report unusual activity or suspicions of safety issues to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- University Degree with at least one year experience or High School Degree / Certificate with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in MS office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Outlook.
- Prior work experience with humanitarian organizations, non-government, hospitality, or service-oriented industry in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage; and,
- Experience in administrative, or customer service support will be considered.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and client-oriented, patient with willingness to learn new things.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Multitasking and Prioritizing
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
How to Apply for International Organization for Migration (Abuja) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the Jo Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply
Important Information & Notice
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “CFCV2022.137. Abuja. Junior Customer Care Assistant”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Application Closing date for International Organization for Migration (Abuja) Recruitment
23rd October, 2022
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here