James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships form Portal is now open and accepting applications from qualified students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students sponsored by the University of Glasgow.
About the Scholarship
The James McCune Smith Scholarships provide funding for Black UK residents to pursue their PhDs at the University of Glasgow in any field of study where they can provide guidance.
Through outside mentors, placements, leadership development, community-building events, and networking opportunities, they offer a better experience.
James McCune Smith, the first African American to get a medical degree from the University of Glasgow in 1837, is honored by having the Scholarships bear his name.
The funding of James McCune Smith PhD Scholarship covers stipend (est £18,022 for 2023 entry) and fees for up to four years.
1. A six-month placement with industry, a government or non-governmental organization or other employer.
2. Mentorship from outside academia to provide a broader perspective and network, besides the usual academic supervisors.
3. Leadership training and community building activities.
4. Support for conferences and other networking opportunities.
Requirements for James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships
1. You must be a UK domiciled Black African, Black Caribbean, Black Other, Mixed White and Black Caribbean, Mixed White and Black African, or other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
2. Applying does not prevent you from applying for other schemes to obtain a funded place.
Interested and qualified candidates should: APPLY HERE
Application Closing Date
January 31, 2023.
You may also like to see more scholarship Opportunities( Fully Funded) below
How to get latest updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here