Apply for Catholic Relief Services Job Recruitment – The recruitment exercise is now ongoing for interested and qualified candidates to apply for Catholic Relief Services job recruitment. The mode of application and the qualifications needed are all contained below.
About: Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Supply Chain Management (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Job ID.: 220000CF
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The position of SCM Manager will provide technical oversight on all supply chain management strengthening activities related to malaria case management and Insecticide Treated Nets (ITNs) mass campaigns, ensuring alignment with national objectives and program targets.
- S/he will coordinate and strengthen linkages with all organizations on relevant SCM thematic areas of the Global Fund Malaria grant.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
SCM technical management:
- Provide technical oversight on all SCM activities related to malaria case management and ITNs campaigns towards systematic implementation in line with Global Fund requirements to achieve program targets.
- Provide leadership on improvement of SCM Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), accurate stock management and reporting as well as their use for better planning and rational use of health products.
- Support the Senior Manager, SCM in working closely with the GF PPM team and NMEP in monitoring and tracking of routine and campaign shipments to ensure they get to the destination (central/axial/ state warehouse) at planned delivery dates.
- In collaboration with SCM Data specialist, review distribution plans (Long haul and Last Mile) submitted by Service Provider responsible for warehousing & distribution and State LMCUs respectively for malaria case management.
- Review Macro-positioning and Micro-positioning plans for ITNs mass campaign in relevant states submitted by the NGO SRs.
- Participate in central forecast and quantification meetings to ensure health products needs in the GF supported states are met.
- Responsible for planning, review and update of Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) to ensure SCM activities on the grant are implemented timely in line with relevant national guidelines, and donor requirement.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, SCM in addressing SCM programmatic bottlenecks, identify solutions and address SCM challenges and weaknesses.
- As approved by the Senior Manager, SCM, place orders on Wambo for routine health products and campaign ITNs in line with information on quantities, requested INCO and Delivery date as well as product description working closely with the GF PPM team and NMEP.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Conduct first level preparation of the SCM Program Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) report for submission to the Senior Manager, SCM.
- Review technical SCM reports submitted by the NGO SRs for routine case management and ITNs campaigns and provide feedback on implementation progress and performance, identifying solutions to address challenges and weaknesses.
- Provide oversight on SCM risk management framework, managing the process for quality risk assessments and ensure visibility for potential SCM risk.
- Responsible for identifying and documentation of SCM lessons learnt for the purpose of quality improvement of grant implementation.
Representation and Stakeholder Management:
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, SCM, strengthen linkages with existing and potential SCM partner organizations on the grant.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with the relevant NGO SRs, States Ministry of Health (SMoH), Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCUs), National Products Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP), Federal Medical Stores etc.
- Attend coordination activities and meetings with external SCM stakeholders such as the National LMCU Task Team meetings, malaria PSM sub-committee meetings, PSM TWG meetings, and SCM coordination meetings with SRs, NMEP and service provider responsible for warehousing and distribution.
- In the absence of Senior Manager, SCM attend relevant technical meetings and coordination fora within CRS and with the donor (Global Fund) as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, SCM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following or related areas; Pharmacy, Business Administration, Supply Chain Managements.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and provide support to partner organizations on supply chain management activities
- Proven experience working closely with and Federal and States Ministry of Health
- Prior experience with Global Fund projects, preferably with Malaria program
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing or providing technical support on procurement and supply chain management of health products.
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with national and state level health authorities, partner organizations and key stakeholders.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- English (Professional proficiency in oral and written communication skills)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50% of the time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Possess excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to multitask.
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
Key Working Relationships:
- Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Risk and Compliance Team, Deputy Country Representative (Programs and Operations), Country Representative, Supply Chain, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors.
- Sub-recipients, SMoH, National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), Federal Medical Store, Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), Third Party Logistics Providers (3PLs), National Products Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP), other Global Fund Principal Recipients, National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Technical and Financial Partners involved in Supply Chain Strengthening, Global Fund Country Team and Local Funding Agent( LFA) staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Application Closing date 19th May, 2022.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply