Airtel Nigeria Recruitment- This is to inform the general public that Airtel Nigeria has its recruitment portal open to enable interested and qualified candidate apply to fill the position of a Lead, Market Regulation. See more information below
About Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- To interface with the Telecoms Regulator and other relevant Regulatory Authorities for the purpose of ensuring the continuity of its licensed operations.
- To secure a regulatory framework that supports the business case.
- To manage risks and opportunities arising from the regulatory environment for the benefit of the company.
- Monitor and ensure business compliance with regulatory prescriptions.
READ: Manager, Growth & Sales Analytics at Ecobank Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proffer timely advice on business activities with regulatory implications.
- Drive planned business strategy for the successful delivery of AOP target.
- Collaborate with other business functions in the development of business models and process development towards attainment of organizational goals.
- Proactively identify and advise business on potential regulatory issues and commercial trends.
- Engage the NCC to ensure the maintenance of a level playing field and fair allocation of resources in the industry.
Proactively Engage the NCC in The Development of Best Practice Policies, Regulations, Guidelines and Standards on Technical, Consumer Affairs, Competition, Universal Service and Market Evolution Issues:
- Coordinate and ensure acceptance of Airtel Nigeria’s input to key regulatory interventions by the NCC.
- Engage industry associations and motivate for their buy-in to Airtel Nigeria’s position on NCC driven regulatory interventions with the purpose of establishing a best practice regime.
- Proactively research and propose regulatory interventions for adoption by the NCC.
- Ensure that Airtel accesses the benefits of Nigeria’s USPF subsidy/interventions.
Design, Co-Ordinate and Manage Processes for Internal Compliance to Regulatory Prescriptions (Technical & Commercial):
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to regulatory prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel Nigeria.
- Design internal processes for holistic evaluation of regulatory compliance levels and manage the process to ensure they are followed.
- Drive end to end implementation of regulatory prescriptions to maximize business benefits.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across functions to meet compliance requirements.
Regulatory Support to Internal Stakeholders:
- Process and obtain requisite approvals from the NCC for tariffs, products & services.
- Obtain Promo Approvals from relevant overlap regulatory authorities.
- Assurance of the fulfilment of responsibilities in relation to external liaison (CDR requests from security agencies and subscribers)
Advise on and Monitor Compliance with Terms of The Unified Service Access Licence (UASL), 3G, 4G, & 5G Licences, and Nigerian Communications Act, 2003, and Other Regulations Made Pursuant Thereto:
- Periodically scan the environment to identify risks and provide strategy for ameliorating same in respect to licenses held by Airtel.
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with strategic regulatory bodies to ensure sanctions are not imposed on Airtel.
- Develop and issue end to end processes to ensure license conditions are met.
- Co-ordinate Nigeria’s input to group strategy on renewal, modification and variation of existing licenses, where necessary.
Co-Ordinate Airtel’s Inputs to Periodic Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) Interventions – Standards, Guidelines and Regulations:
- Research, develop and contribute to group position papers with a view to providing Nigeria sensitive inputs.
- Collaborate with user functions to develop inputs and responses to regulatory interventions by overlap regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and ensure achievement of defined group objectives as it relates to USPF.
- Provide guidance and ensure that necessary permits, licenses and concessions are obtained from overlap regulatory agencies in relation to lotteries/promotions.
Monitoring and Maintaining a Database of all Regulatory Compliance Activities:
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to NCC prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel.
- Develop and maintain a Regulatory Compliance Dashboard and Risk Register
- Collate and ensure timely submission of Group Compliance reports.
To be eligible for Airtel Nigeria Recruitment, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Engineering or Economics. Preferably a Law Degree.
- MBA or a higher degree in any of the above disciplines would be preferred additional qualification.
- Minimum of 8 years of varied experience in law, engineering or economics with ~ 6 years of relevant experience in Telecommunications field
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Regulatory environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian telecoms industry, business environment.
- Previous employment with the Nigerian Communications Commission would be an added advantage.
- Ability to deliver in a changing business environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence team direction without formal authority.
Application Closing Date for Airtel Nigeria Recruitment
How to Apply for Airtel Nigeria Recruitment
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should:
Also Read- Edo State Government EDSPHCDA Job Recruitment 2023
We encourage you to share this opportunity with your friends and loved ones who might be interested in other to keep them update.
Leave a Reply