Link to Apply for 2024 United Nations Fellowship at Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
This portal provides theofficial link to apply for 2024 United Nations Fellowship at Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan.
Do you wish to apply for scholarship opportunities? If yes, then this informative article is for you. the United Nations Fellowship at Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan has commenced.
Here, you will be given detailed information about UN fellowship programme, Requirements, and How To Apply.
The United Nations Fellowship is a fully funded Programme for masters and PhD Students that provides extensive research opportunities in nano-satellite systems.
The Japan Long-term Fellowship Program was established by the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Government of Japan in cooperation with the Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech)
Japan Long-term Fellowship Program will accept up to three students in the Master’s Programme (2 years duration) and up to three students in the Doctoral Programme (3 years duration).
Successful participants will be awarded a master’s or doctoral degree after a successful thesis defense.
The successful candidates will enroll in the Space Engineering International Course (SEIC) after passing an official entrance examination by the Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology.
Type: Masters, PhD
Value & Duration of Award: The selected candidates will each receive a grant under the Japanese government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) scholarship (Research Students) of about 144,000 yen per month for the duration of their fellowship study (2 or 3 years).
These funds are to cover housing, food, local transportation, and other expenses (the actual scholarship amount is subject to change).
Each candidate will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, an economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of his/her nationality and Narita International Airport or Fukuoka International Airport.
Fees for matriculation, tuition, and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.
Eligible Countries: International Students
Entry Requirements for the Fellowship
To be selected for the United Nations Fellowship, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for United Nations Fellowship for study at Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan.
- Be nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects);
- Be duly nominated by their institutions;
- Be born on or after 2 April 1989;
- Have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship program? Candidates seeking a Master’s degree are expected to have completed studies ending with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (4-year university degree) in engineering-related subjects. Candidates seeking a Doctorate are expected to have completed studies ending with a Master’s Degree or equivalent (5 years university degree) in engineering-related subjects. Degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the Doctor Commission; and
- Be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship program.
Timeline for United Nations Fellowship:
The timeline anticipated for the selection process of the Fellowship Programme is as follows:
- From November 2023: Dissemination of information on the Fellowship Programme to potential candidates worldwide and the application period.
- 5 January 2024 (Friday, 23:59 JST): Submission deadline – all application documents must be received by PNST
- Mid-January 2024: After the first round of selection based on the application documents, the remaining candidates will be notified regarding interviews about two weeks after the submission deadline.
- Late-January 2024: The first interview will be held in late January 2024. The second interview (if necessary) will be held after the first interview. The interviews will be conducted remotely. All the applicants shall make themselves available for these days. The outcome of the remote interviews is the selection of six persons who will be offered PNST scholarships.
- March 2024: After the interviews, all PNST applicants will be informed about the outcome of their applications to PNST. We will contact you. Please do not contact us.
- February-June 2024: Discussion and finalization of research and study plan between the successful candidates and their supervisors.
- Late January- early February 2024: Selected candidates must send all the required documents including original certificates of graduation, original transcripts, and original English test scores with an explanation of transcripts to Kyutech using a reliable express mailing service. If any documents are written in any language other than English, official certified translations are also required. For the details of the required documents, please refer to the Checklist.
- July 2024: Official entrance exam to Kyutech. Formal admission and administration to obtain a student visa.
- August 2024: Travel arrangements for the candidates to Japan.
- September 2024: Arrival in Japan and finding accommodation. Official enrollment procedures at Kyutech.
- October 2024: Beginning of the Fellowship Programme at Kyutech.
If you are interested in applying for 2024 United Nations Fellowship programme, follow the guidelines provided below to apply:
- The fully completed application form and other required documents except the referee report forms shall be submitted in electronic format (.doc or .pdf or.xls) at the Web address that is in the confirmation e-mail you will receive after registering above, by no later than 5 January 2024 (Friday, 23:59 JST). If not fully completed at the time of the deadline, the application will be deemed to be not qualifying.
- Note: For filing a name, do not use any non-English characters. Moreover, each character must be a one-byte type of character. As well, do not use spaces in your file names as the file server will not handle such data correctly. Use “_” (under the bar) or “-” (hyphen) instead, e.g. “01_Tom_Smith_2023.12.24”.
- The Referee report forms should be sent by uploading to the designated URL by the referees themselves by no later than 5 January 2024 (Friday, 23:59 JST).
The application closing date is January 5, 2024.
How to get latest updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here