Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment for Counselor Educator 2023 – Medecins Sans Frontieres job is currently going on for applicant should kindly fill for the job position successful.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Counselor Educator
Location: Ganjuwa, Bauchi
Slots: 4 Openings
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take an active part in training, supervisions/interventions, and support the activity manager, when necessary, in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counseling with a supervisor or mental health activity manager.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients.
- Actively promote the availability of counseling services and carry out, individual or in-group counseling, basic psycho-educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary, in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or HND or OND qualification with 1 year work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply