National Biotechnology Development Agency – In recognition of the importance of biotechnology to national development, the Federal Executive Council on 23rd of April 2001 approved the National Biotechnology Policy, which led to the establishment of the National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA) in November, 2001.
The Agency was established under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology to implement the policy that is aimed at promoting, coordinating, and setting research and development priority in biotechnology for Nigeria. Based on this premise, the programmes of the agency are structured in line with the international standard bearing in mind the development of local technological contents.
We are recruiting interested and qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Researcher – Candidate Vaccine Development
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 4 – 6 months renewable on satisfactory performance.
- The Agency’s mandate weighs on the promotion, coordination and deployment of cutting-edge biotechnology research & development processes and products for the socio-economic well-being of the nation.
- Her mission is to make Biotechnology an engine of growth for socio-economic development of Nigeria, as well as maintaining the Vision of promoting biotechnology activities that positively respond to national aspirations especially on affordable healthcare delivery.
- To fast track its R &D activities the Agency is hereby inviting applications for a short term position in candidate vaccine development from suitably qualified candidates who must be of Nigeria national irrespective of country of residence.
- The Agency therefore wishes to engage experts willing to contribute in developing mRNA candidate vaccine and/or applying other approaches such as subunit protein technique at its Medical Biotechnology Facility in Abuja.
- We are seeking interested candidate to describe and design mRNA vaccine candidatesand/or apply other 3rd/4th generation approaches that will have potent application in the disease of interest currently being researched in the facility.
- The funded project covers a range of fundamental and applied areas in vaccine development. However, the selected candidate will have access to these laboratories; immunovirology, infectious disease & human biospecimenand the Forensic DNA situated in Medical Biotechnology Department of the Agency.
- The position involves a collaborative activity of these laboratories as well as other partner laboratories to achieve the project aim.
- The Fellow therefore will work on developing and/or deploying technologies aimed at rapidly producing inexpensive, globally appropriate recombinant vaccines for important pathogens that includes viruses.
- The work will involve classical molecular biology, virology, bacteriology, synthetic biology, recombinant expression systems and a variety of immunological techniques.
- The Fellow will also assist to work on optimizing candidate vaccine immunogens as well as the workflow systems.
- It is intended that candidates must have a background in any of the specialized areas of biological / medical sciences related to vaccine development while possessing skills in human cell line, vector construction, PCR and molecular cloning.
- The successful candidate will be involved in full-time research or scholarship at NABDA.
- Ph.D in Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related specialty or
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) with extensive experience in vaccine technology or molecular diagnostics with background in any of the following Bacteriology, Virology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Medical Biotechnology or a closely related specialty.
- Knowledge and expertise in cell line, RNA, technique, molecular cloning, electrophoresis, recombinant technique, and vector construction.
- Have a tract record in areas of nucleic acid vaccine development and/or recombinant technology
- Very good communication skills in English
- The successful applicant should have a strong work ethics, resilience and commitment to working as a team player.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian who may be residing within or outside the country.
Monthly allowance not below Research Officer cadre on CONRAISS 14 as provided for in the Federal Public Service however, experience may be considered.
How to Apply for National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA) Recruitment for a Researcher
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, Cover Letter & Research plan (maximum of 3 pages) to:
Director, Human Resources Management,
National Biotechnology Development Agency,
Umaru Musa Yaradua Express Way,
Applications may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
- Selection Process: Candidates will be screened and selected for interview
- Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
- Successful applicant is expected to resume around April, 2022.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.
How to get latest updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here