Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Corporate Counsel : Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We invite application to fill the following below:
Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to hire a Corporate Counsel whose responsibilities include to drive compliance with applicable laws affecting the operations of the company; protecting the interest of Nestlé in commercial transactions by preparing and vetting of legal documents; dispute management and resolution, provision of legal advice to the Company, Business Units and Functions
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect the interest of Nestlé in commercial transactions by preparing or vetting all contracts, documents, and correspondence to mitigate the risk exposure of Nestlé and ensure that commercial terms are favorable to Nestlé.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the Company and its Business Units to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provide legal advice and guidance for the management of consumer related complaints including attendance at crisis management meetings
- Protecting the proprietary rights (intellectual property, brand equity, trademarks) of Nestlé by providing support to and guaranteeing information flow between the relevant stakeholders (Security, Management Committee (ManCom), Legal, Regulatory, Business Units) for the investigation of counterfeiting activities
- Sensitizing and educating staff on Anticorruption & Data Privacy and Food Law, other relevant laws, policies, legal and other issues affecting them and/or operation of the company in these areas
- The Corporate Counsel has shared but differentiated responsibility with stakeholders to support the registration or renewal of trademarks, General License Agreement, application and renewal of relevant permits and licenses
- Serve as back up to the Company Secretary/ Legal Adviser.
- Manage the Board and Committee meetings of Nestlé Nigeria Trust (CPFA) Ltd by preparing the board papers, taking minutes at meetings, keeping records, and making the relevant returns to the appropriate regulatory agencies
- Responsible for dispute management and resolution relating to Business Units within his/her portfolio by liaising with external counsel, developing case management strategy, preparing or reviewing all court documents to be filed on behalf of Nestlé, attending court on behalf of Nestlé, maintaining a database of all active cases, and giving updates to the Company Secretary.
READ: NNBTS Batch 35 Recruitment 2023/2024
What Will Make You Successful?
- Minimum of an LL.B (Second Class); and a B.L (Second Class) from the Nigerian Law School.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria
- Sound knowledge of the Nigerian legal system, regulatory and compliance best practices.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in commercial practice, dispute resolution, intellectual property and data privacy.
- An exceptional communicator with ability to relate with different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines and collaborate with other stakeholders seamlessly.
- Highly assertive with decorum, excellent persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Prior litigation experience with law firm(s).
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate Governance and Secretaryship
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2023.
We encourage you to share this opportunity with your friends and loved ones who might be interested in other to keep them update.
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply