Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment for Senior Technologist II
The Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The University was established in 2009 to provide high-quality tertiary education for the country’s ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers. In 2014, Nile University established its School of Postgraduate Studies.
Today, Nile University is a member of the Honors in United Universities network, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network. With over 4,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), 35 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 47 postgraduate programs across five faculties.
We invite applications to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technologist II
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
READ- Mastercard Graduate Launch Program (Associate Consultant, Advisors) 2023
- Prepare and set out the appropriate prosected cadaver and teaching aids for each class as requested by the course coordinator in accordance with the class curriculum for the day.
- Check daily laboratory ventilation, cold storage, and lab room temperature in the anatomy laboratory to minimize downtime.
- Oversee the collection and disposal of non-human specimens according to standard procedures & regulations.
- Ensure that the donors (cadavers) are placed securely in body bags, moistened, and appropriately covered or in the cold room as needed.
- Oversee the development and daily operation of the anatomy laboratory and provide general teaching & research support
- Maintain the anatomy laboratory, including donated biological materials and equipment.
- Review, schedule, and maintain laboratory safety guidelines and procedures
- Assist with the development, updates, or modifications of materials or delivery methods, in order to make them appropriate for the learning outcomes required, as agreed with academic staff, and to fit the learning style appropriate to the students.
- Training medical students in laboratory skills needed to finish their coursework.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and supplies to monitor the need and supply levels.
- Assist in Human cadavers’ dissection, embalming, and preparation of the specimen.
- Participate and assist the anatomy department regularly in gross anatomy prosections, laboratory preparation, proctoring lab exams and exam reviews.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- BSc in Human Anatomy or Science Laboratory Technology with a major in Anatomy or any related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Anatomy is an added advantage
- At least 6 years of cognate/practical experience in a Medical Laboratory and with good standing in the field of human anatomy
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and accurately complete tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages
- Candidate should possess the ability to move cadavers and dissected body parts is required.
- High level of professionalism, ethical standards, discretion, and respect for the confidentiality of the donors.
- Proper and safe use of audiovisual equipment, smart board, microphones, and a variety of dissection tools.
How to Apply for Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
kindly Note the following below:
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
Submission of applications ends 13th January 2023.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply