Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme 2022/2023 Registration/Application Form Portal is Open.
The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) is the apex medical research organization charged with the responsibility to conduct research into diseases and conditions of public health importance in Nigeria. It is a reputable point of reference in basic, applied and operational research for the promotion of national health and development in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the Position below:
Title: 2022 Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training
- The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) in collaboration with NIMR Foundation will be hosting it’s biannual Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme, aimed at building an adequate and sustainable network of committed early career researchers with inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative approach and proficiency in developing high quality, competitive grant writing and capacity for healthcare research and development in Nigeria.
What the Programme will Cover:
- Understanding of health services research methods
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses
- Selection of appropriate statistical tools for data analysis
- Ethics and Ethics Permission in Research
- How to search and identify targeted funding agencies and understand funders’ requirements
- Writing compelling grant proposals
- Identification of the technicalities of the peer review process and demonstration using a practice peer review process
- Improving proficiency in training and communication skills including writing plain language summaries
- Training on proficiency in facilitation of micro-teaching session on mentorship.
- Principles of establishing and managing partnerships and collaborations.
Requirements Eligibility for NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme
- You are a citizen of a Nigeria (from any of the six-geopolitical zones).
- You are an early career investigator (junior and mid-level researcher) and you have completed your research education (either of below):
- You have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognized academic institution normally within the past 6 years
- You have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS research-relevant Master’s Degree, both awarded normally within the previous 6 years
- You are currently employed in Nigeria by a recognized university or research institution to develop and conduct any type of health care research.
- You have limited or no experience in proposal development and grant-writing.
- You have not won any significant local or international research grants.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this training opportunity.
YOU MAY ALSO READ– USA Most Available Jobs For Immigrants – Apply for USA Jobs
How to Apply for Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme 2022/2023
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Complete and submit the online application above
- Provide the required documents including a single PDF file containing the following:
- Short motivation essay of not more than 500 words
- One page research proposal
- Short bio sketch (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of recommendation/support from the Provost/Dean of college / Faculty.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here