Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (Consortium)
Job Identification Number: 7455
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting Line: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Nigeria
Duration of contract: 4 months renewable
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to join our dynamic Monitoring and Evaluation Team in Maiduguri.
- You will be responsible for the overall monitoring design within NRC Nigeria and to harmonized across partner Consortium by facilitating and leading the M&E project technical working group: organizing and facilitating regular meetings, compiling notes from the meetings, and assuring that the activities and tasks are delivered as per the outlined time frame.
- To be successful in this role you seek opportunities to ensure effective impact and outcome measurement, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt across Consortium.
- If you are highly organised individually, comfortable with working in a remote environment and have previous experience of coordinating monitoring and evaluation activities and harmonizing same across consortium, we would love to hear from you!
- Implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making through quality programming and effective programme and project performance for the consortium(s). Ensure that the consortium(s) delivers on internal and external M&E requirements and standards in a timely manner and with quality data.
- Contribute to project and program planning, kick-offs and review meetings, including preparing and sharing monitoring data on progress and challenges.
- Support consortium(s) team(s) to develop requisite M&E tools (M&E matrix, indicator reference protocols, Indicator performance tracking tables and quality benchmarks).
- Ensure planning tools are context-sensitive (eg: Covid 19) and ensure that gender is integral to M&E activities.
- Technically support needs assessments, post distribution monitoring surveys and outcomes surveys.
- Analyze data focusing on correlation, and causation and provide quality support and advice to consortium(s) team, including through field monitoring visits, inputs to programmatic reports and quality control of distributions and post distributions.
- Provide capacity building, coaching and training to consortium(s) staff to ensure that M&E standards is consistently and systematically integrated into consortium(s)’s programming.
- In collaboration with the Country M&E Manager and M&E Coordinator, develop a monthly M&E report to present trends, and gaps at the consortium(s) level.
- Develop a systematic method of capturing qualitative stories and project effects on beneficiary communities.
- Work with technical and field teams to identify key methodologies to enable advocacy and campaigning impact measurement, document lessons learnt and disseminate findings.
- Maintain central and systematic information and knowledge management system whereby relevant project information, data and lessons are accessible for use as required.
- Support that learning is built into activities, ensuring that findings and lessons learnt are shared and used in an appropriate way to inform ongoing implementation and future programming.
- Refer to NRC’s standards and processes and support monthly data review, assess gaps and develop plans to fill those gaps in consultation with the program team.
- In close collaboration with consortium(s) staff, ensure that monthly data are reviewed and entered into an internal data management platform.
- Support project, consortium(s) regular monitoring and reporting, including internal and donor reporting so that reports are evidence-based and include relevant quantitative and qualitative data.
- At least 4 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Experience in capacity building efforts using formal and non-formal methods.
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Good organizational skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail and report in a timely manner.
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to be proactive in working with others and have very good interpersonal skills.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision-making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to Join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here