Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment Application form Portal is open for candidate to fill the position of Grants Coordinator: See how to apply and requirements needed below.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We invite application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Job Identification: 8851
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Schedule Full time
Job Category: Donor Relations
Duration and type of contract: 12 Months (till December 31st 2023 renewable)
Grade: 7 in NRC’s gradind structure and a competitive benefit
Project number: NFPX0000
Reporting Line: Grant Manager, Nigeria and supervising role.
- We are looking for people passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee with proven experience in the international humanitarian sector. If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic persons who are passionate about project coordination, donor relations, and business development to join our Country Grant Team in Maiduguri.
- The Grants Coordinator will be supporting the Grants Manager in essential grants management support, business development and reporting across the Nigeria portfolio. The Grants coordinator will work closely with the program, operations, M&E and finance staff, delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC CO strategy and Plan of Action. The position holder will be supervised by the Grants Manager and will work closely with the Grants officer.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consideration of NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role.
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, compliance, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming).
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports.
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Grants Manager.
- Support external donor audits.
- Represent NRC towards relevant partners and donors as delegated.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Support in the coordination of development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control.
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports.
- Be updated on donor priorities, trends and track and share relevant calls for proposals to the relevant teams.
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems.
- Prepare reports for donors, partners, and government on program progress, ensuring all reporting requirements of donors are delivered on time and in a quality manner.
- Ensure quality of program writing, including program activity plans, reports and informal updates.
- Work with the Grants Manger to develop concept notes and donor proposals, and participate in writing them in close cooperation with relevant departments in NRC Nigeria.
- Support in the development of generic concept notes, briefing notes and SITREPS to be used in donor meetings and visits.
- Ensure that all programme staff are aware of requirements and conditions of grant agreements and contracts, through the use of grant opening/mid/closing meetings and other methods.
- Support in the maintenance of an accessible and well-organized filing system for storing all grant-specific files for all of NRC’s past and active grants and ensure that grant coordination systems and processes are successfully implemented.
- Support in ensuring all documentation required is ready and available for audits.
- Maintain program files and ensure copies of donor concept notes, proposals, contracts and reports are correctly filed.
- Responsible for donor compliance of the respective grants and project cycle management processes for allocated projects.
- Support in the development and implementation of grants-related trainings, including proposal and report writing.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are: Examples
- PMs, PD, Finance, CD, Head of Programmes, Log Manager, AMs, PAA, PA, M&E
- Grant Coordinators in other COs
- Institutional Partnership Advisers
These are Skills, Knowledge and Experience that are important for effective performance.
- Relevant University Degree or Higher Education.
- Between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise.
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial).
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Above average computer skills, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Relevant experience with grants management in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations.
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
How to Apply For Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- We are inviting applications from qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Application Closing Date for Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment
Submission of applications ends 28th November, 2022 (01:08 PM).
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here