Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are accepting applications for recruitment in the position below:
Job Title: Complaints and Feedback Mechanism Officer
Job Identification: 4032
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)
Reports to: Area Manager with dotted line to CFM coordinator
Supervision of: N/A
Project number: NGFX0000
Duration and type of contract: 01 year
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Complaints and Feedbacks Mechanisms Officer position is to assist in assessing and implementing accountability mechanisms at the area office level especially in locations where NRC Nigeria is supporting beneficiaries.
- The Complaints and Feedbacks Mechanisms Officer will closely work with the CFM Coordinator and the M&E Manager for the day to day implementation of the Complaints and beneficiary feedback mechanisms strategy.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Assist the Area Manager, CFM coordinator, and programme staff in capturing and storing complaints and feedback; lessons learned and good practices for effective knowledge management;
- Using a consolidated database, assist in monitoring and compiling field offices/Core competency CFM reports according to NRC standards;
- Support the CFM coordinator to produce customised dashboards for reporting;
- Under the guidance of the Area Manager and the CFM Coordinator, the selected candidate is responsible for the data collection on accountability mechanisms (situation analysis);
- Assess existing community capacity and mechanisms that can be used to set up/strengthen/adapt NRC’s information sharing processes, complaints and feedback for the Area Offices level;
- Assist in the implementation of action points accruing from the country CFM assessment (baseline);
- Provide timely reports to the CFM coordinator, M&E Manager and Area Manager.
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons.
- Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Head of Programmes
- Area Managers
- HR Coordinator
- M&E Manager
- Technical M&E officer
- CFM Coordinator
- Projects/Programmes Coordinators and Programme Development Managers.
Qualifications / Competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience (at least 1-2 years) from working in a humanitarian/recovery context on accountability;
- Documented experience on data collection/ analysis tools including Excel, Kobo/CSpro/ODK. Photovoice, H frame is a plus;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Good command of English, other languages is an asset.
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment;
- Planning and delivering results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Communicating with impact and respect.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ–Delta State Secondary School Teachers Job Recruitment-Apply Here And See Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
Candidates are to be informed that applications ends 9th February, 2022 by 11:01.You are therefore advised to apply before the closing date.
How to get latest Job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here