Apply for Procurement Officer Recruitment 2022 at British High Commission (BHC) :The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 09/22 LOS
Grade: A2 (L)
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Subcategory: Procurement
Working hours per week: 37 hours
Start and End Date: 15 – 30 April 2022
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main Purpose of Job
- Conduct market research to identify suppliers who can meet the BDHC quality standard and negotiate long term call off agreements and to source potential suppliers.
- Manage the contract tender process of various procurements of goods, services or work projects. This will include; sourcing of suppliers, creation of input and agreement of specification, preparation of tender documentation, liaison and coordination with suppliers to clarify requirements, coordination and evaluation of bids, seek appropriate approval, direct negotiation, agreement of contracts, management and closure for the BDHC, Lagos.
- Other procurement tasks as directed by line management.
- To ensure the procurement process is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and senior leadership at post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity.
Roles and Responsibilities
Delivering a Quality Service (Customer Focus) – 35%
- Carry out procurement function for the BDHC
- Use Government Procurement Card (GPC) for Goods and services under £3,000
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for GPC use
- Work with the Contract Manager & Procurement Hub/CPG on contracts
- To ensure procurement is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and senior leadership at post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity
- Support Budget Monitors for payments
- Create requisitions for goods and services from agreed supplier list
Collaborating and Partnering (Working with Others) – 20%:
- Responsible for procurement at the BDHC liaising with stakeholders both internal and external to ensure the following:
- Resolving Invoices on hold
- Ensure goods received not invoiced (GRNI) are reconciled
- Constant communication to ensure Post FPCI scores on Invoices on Hold, Accruals, Retrospective POs, Open POs and GPC are within the green category
- Raise requisitions for PAGs to maximize UK government collaboration
- Point of contact for Budget Monitors and Suppliers at post on procurement issues and guidance
- Creation, maintenance and update of distribution sets (DS)
- Creation and updating of supplier maintenance forms
- Lead on Procurement returns to the Centre for post
Delivering at Pace (Problem Solving) – 10%:
- Lead on asset disposal in addition to any other capital assets as advised by DHCS in line with policy
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register for BDHC, Lagos
- Filing of all procurement paper work for audit purposes.
- Carry out weekly prism housekeeping.
- Track monthly spend on imprest and verify all account codes for each purchase to Accounts Department.
Delivering Value for Money (Delivering Results) – 35%:
- Ensure the delivery of the Purchase 2 Pay (P2P) process at the BDHC
- Check a N350,000 value Imprest and receipt goods and services purchased on PRISM maintaining the segregation of duties policy
- Quality checks
- Lead procurement of capital expenditure at the BDHC, which includes generators, vehicles and other assets.
- Act as cover in charge of the stationary store in the absence of the CS assistant
- Resolve vendor grievances and claims
- Provide procurement support services to both the Freight & travel and TWG departments in the absence of the responsible officers
- Consistency checks
- Maintain agreed supplier list in conjunction with the Procurement Hub
- Maintain records of suppliers and documentation
- Perform Supplier yearly market testing
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Contract Manager/Team lead
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- N350,000 Imprest
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Previous financial management experience
- Proficient in English
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organisation
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Have a Master’s Degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with road map to completing the course
Required competencies :
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
NGN 431,507.86 / Month.
How to Apply for Procurement Officer Recruitment 2022 at British High Commission (BHC)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing date
24th March, 2022.
Important Information and Notice
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
How to get latest Job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here