Apply for Program Assistant recruitment at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited– This is to inform the general public of the current recruitment exercise at Agriculture & Nutrition Limited. Interested and qualified candidates should follow the application link and guidelines below to apply
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Applications are invited for the following position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Work Plan Formulation:
- Provide the necessary information required by the Program Officer regarding implementing partners, market price of inputs, beneficiary information, location specific information, stakeholder information, and general logistic requirements for developing the work plans
- Support in the timely development of work plans for the BASICS II projects implemented in the state.
- Assist in coordination and communication of implementation strategies among stakeholders particularly the processor, State government officials and the project coordinator.
- Paper works; training of students, farmers and stakeholders with the aim of integrating seed system and achieving sustainable food security.
- Oversee day-to-day management, monitoring and execution of project activities
- Compiled and managed data from building sustainable seed system in Nigeria
- Assisted in quarterly and annual project reporting and performance against key milestones and outcomes to ensure consistency with project goals and alignment with strategic priorities
- Facilitated alliances and coordinate activities with value chain actors
- Provide technical support through gathering of scientific literature articles for review and
- Creating market for cassava stems and involved in sales and delivery of high-quality stems to processors and village seed Agripreneurs
- Production of breeder and foundation high quality cassava and yam seeds
- Screening, management and analyzing of lab and field data
- Research field trial design
- Supervise DNA leaves collection and extraction from research trials feed
- Carry out administrative functions for superiors, monthly report writing of activities and other duties assigned by supervisors
- Exploiting new techniques for cassava seed production, soil samplings and soil health management with good farming systems
- Supervising SAH-lab and field activities, lab and field routine inspection for disease fire, off type and invasion
- Participated in the compilation of project activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the value chain at the donor and other stakeholder meetings
- Raising of travel advances and retiring of expense claims for superior and general staff.
- Testing of treatment to aid improvement of SAH-cassava propagation technology
- Rapid multiplication of clean cassava plantlets using SAH technology, tissue culture and mini-strems. Rapid multiplication of yam seeds via SAH, mini tuber and vine cuttings
- Pollination/ hybridization, trait characterizations, major pest and disease evaluation
- Pre and at harvest trail data collections, open/ hybrid seed production
- Coordinate trial designs, establishment and management included planting and harvesting
Minimum Qualifications and requirements
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years work experience.
How to Apply for Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited job recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Assistant – Oyo” as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
Application Closing Date for Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited job recruitment
20th June, 2022.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here