Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis.
We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scrum Master
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- To manage software development projects in alignment with engineering process, upholding, and reinforcing agile practices in the enterprise and building self-organizing teams.
- Exhibits the behaviours of a Lean-Agile leader who leads by example; leads the change; have with a Lean-Agile Mindset and helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt, and apply SAFe Principles, implement SAFe practices
- Supports the team rules – Responsible for reinforcing Agile’s lightweight rules like the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward business objectives – Engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Facilitates the removal of impediments.
- Supports the team in addressing and eliminating issues to improve the likelihood of achieving the objectives of the Iteration/PI.
- Focus on creating increments of value each iteration and achieving daily and Iteration Goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions.
- Facilitates the team retrospective.
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Facilitates events.
- Facilitates team events, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective Ensures they are productive and kept within the timebox.
- Supports the Product Owner in managing the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- The Scrum Master escalate issues to an appropriate authority to get support in closing long standing issues or issues threatening achievement of business objectives.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance, and coaches the team in selfmanagement.
- Helps the team resolve interpersonal conflicts and challenges, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Escalates people problems to management where necessary Helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train
- Works with other Scrum Masters and stakeholders to help the team contribute towards improving the overall development Value Stream Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events like PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Supports estimating and guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
- Vendor Management Organize interviews for external candidates for body shopping Onboard outsourced resources on project (administrative) Facilitate vendor payment Documentation Documentation of agile events, as necessary Documentation and distribution of weekly reports.
- Work with stakeholders to continuously think about product performance engineering and seek to reduce production incidences and customer dissatisfaction.
- Supports the team’s efforts to continuously improve communications and relationships with other teams.
- Frequently represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS), helping the team remain aware of opportunities to engage and improve program effectiveness
- Help the team build effective relationships with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services
- Liaise with customers to remove impediments that may be arising from the customer’s end, clarify requirements and provide project update Supports SAFe adoption.
- Supports the overall adoption of SAFe across the enterprise by coaching stakeholders and other non-agile teams on effective interactions with agile teams Participate in the Scrum Master Community of Practice Support the organization’s SPCs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as SAFe, Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th April, 2022.
How to get latest Job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here