Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting interested and qualified applicant for the position of a marine officer. Kindly apply through the official Shell recruitment portal contained below.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are looking for interested candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Marine Officer
Reference ID: R61777
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
Where You Fit In
- Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo, Shell interest 100%) is the operator of the Bonga FPSO and pioneered deep-water oil and gas production from the Bonga field in the Gulf of Guinea where depths reach more than 1,000 metres. The Bonga FPSO vessel has a total production capacity of 225,000 barrels of oil per day and 150 standard cubic feet of gas export per day.
- As a Marine Officer, you will be a dynamic, self-motivated person who enjoys a challenge and wishes to hold a key position in an exciting development in the offshore oil industry in Nigeria.
- You will also assist with marine and oil tanker system operations, air and supply boat logistics on, off and to the installation to ensure that activities in support of operations can be conducted in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
What’s the Role?
- As a Marine Officer, you will be responsible to assist and understudy the Marine Supervisor in all aspects of their work.
- This includes cargo loading and ballasting, including all aspects of stability and strength calculations, cargo sampling, offload hose maintenance and general shipboard duties.
Furthermore, your key accountabilities will include:
- Assist with the maintenance of the Safety Case and the implementation of the Safety Management System on the installation.
- Carry out loading, storage, transfer, and discharge of crude oil in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in the production of detailed loading/discharge plans maintaining the vessel’s condition of draft, trim, stress and bending moments within acceptable limits at all times.
- Carry out the loading, transfer and discharge of ballast water in a safe and efficient manner. And utilise the ballast systems to ensure the installation does not exceed minimum or maximum draft requirements, stress or bending moment parameters.
- ALSO READ- Urgent! Leading Oil, Gas and Green Energy Company Recruitment – Oil and Gas Jobs
- Assist the Marine Supervisor in controlling marine activity to ensure that standby vessels conform to installation operational safety requirements, anchoring/survey/diving operations in the vicinity of the installation are conducted safely, and bulk and general transfers to and from the installation are also performed safely.
- Ensure correct operation of the radar system.
- Act as nominated deputy for the Asset Operator under the permit to work system for all.
- Assist in ensuring that supply vessel operations are carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Operate slop tank system, including clean water overboard discharge, in accordance with the installation operating procedures.
- Use of inert gas to maintain a safe and positive pressure regime in the cargo spaces at all times.
- Assist in preparing cargo, ballast, and slop oil tanks for entry and subsequent return to service when required. To include all isolation and cleaning requirements.
- First line maintenance on all equipment under your control.
- Ensure the Single Point Mooring Buoy and associated equipment are available at all times for crude oil export.
- Act as Permit to Work “Area Authority” for all marine systems, cranes, lifeboats and escape system facilities, cargo handling and tank management systems. Ensure that all relevant safety equipment and systems are maintained in an operable condition.
- Assist the Marine Supervisor in liaising with Immigration, the government oil & gas regulators (Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority NMDPRA & Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission NUPRC) and other government representatives (e.g. NNPC) involved in oil lifting in the Bonga FPSO.
- Assist Marine Supervisor in security matters, relief Port Facility Security officer as required Relief Marine Supervisor as required.
What We Need From You
- We’re keen to hear from individuals with preferably minimum of 5 years of working experience in maritime industry and a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Valid STCW95/ STCW2010 Deck Officer Class 2 certificate with tanker endorsement. A Deck Officer Class 3 certificate may be acceptable subject to relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years sea time on tankers and at least 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry.
- Must be GMDSS qualified
- A working knowledge of Terminal working practices is required as well as a good knowledge of marine off take operations and the handling of crude oil and ballast systems, including the use of associated safety systems.
- Hands-on experience with submerged FRAMO pumping systems and inert gas generators would be a definite advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn quickly. Must be prepared to train and become qualified to undertake the duties of a Permit Signatory and System Auditor.
- Importance of product quality in the loading process and the Product Quality Early Warning System process
- Understanding procedures relating to oil accounts in the work process
- Understanding and applying process isolation standards and Permit to Work system.
- Experience as a Confined Space Safety Assessor and Authorised Gas Safety Tester will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge on ship operation and terminology
- Basic Knowledge of industry standards for shipping operations and marine assets e.g. OCIMF, SIGTTO, ICS, PIANC, etc.
- Knowledge in Proper Demurrage Process and various process to reduce demurrages
- Common demurrage terms, definitions, and demurrage calculation
How to Apply for SPDC Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing Date for SPDC Recruitment
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here