Shell Petroleum Development Company Recruitment 2022-Apply for Human Resources Generalist Position
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reference ID: R59215
Locations: Lagos & Warri – Delta
Employment Type: Null
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- If you’re a Human Resources (HR) professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of our Human Resources Operations or Employee Relations/Industrial Relations (ER/IR) Team in one of the world’s largest corporations.
Where you fit in:
- Providing a world class HR experience to employees and line managers is essential in a changing and competitive landscape.
- As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing Shell and the wider energy industry in the coming decades is considerable.
- As an Human Resources professional, you have an important role in building a great place to work for our people, enabling them to be their best, which in turns supports Shell to be its best.
- You will be on the front line of creating exceptional HR experiences, provided HR support to employees and Managers.
What’s the Role?
As an HR Advisor within our HR Operations team, you will be accountable for:
- Support Line Managers with Organizational Management related to organizational changes and resourcing.
- Support with the execution of global/local change initiatives.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience by supporting Line Managers through regular core HR events (e.g. team changes).
- Diagnose incoming requests to establish the needs of the line manager and/or employee; subsequently, take ownership for resolution or determine correct routing to other parts of the HR model.
- Support Line Managers with local and global policy queries.
- Play active role in resourcing processes by advising the line, providing good candidate experience, and cooperating with Country Operations team for the execution of the transfers.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with HR-related cases.
As an HR Advisor within our ER/IR team, you will be accountable for:
- Employee Relations and Employee Engagement including participating in local consultation processes and requirements, managing external risks and ensuring compliance with external legislative requirements, and develop and leverage relationships with internal Employee Representative bodies.
- Industrial relations including engaging with the with the Union and employer associations, preventing and managing industrial action, and
- HSSE, Compliance & Ethics including collaborating with key Management stakeholders, lead HR investigations and other complaints and other grievances, in addition, ensure a duty of care towards employees and contractors.
- Capability and community building including ensuring robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific ER/IR content and collaborate with HR to ensure good solid knowledge of Labour Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and developments.
What We Need From You?
- We’re keen to hear from HR professionals who have at least 8 years’ experience in a Human Resources role.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related degree
- Experience communicating with managers and employees and providing advice and expertise in HR areas such as processes, policies, employment laws, and, compensation and benefits.
- Strong communication and written skills
- Labor and Employment Law knowledge
- CIPM membership
- Professional experience in either Industrial Relations or in Project Management / Continuous Improvement will be a significant advantage
- Good knowledge of HR Information and Analysis skills
- Proven diagnostic and investigation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address email@example.com for updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here