The British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment – Are you in search for job opportunities? The British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment is currently recruiting Procurement Officer for interested and qualified qualified candidates to apply. How to successfully apply for BHC recruitment,requirements,salary structure and all other information you need to know about the British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment are contained below. The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality, and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We invite application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer, AO
Job ID: 37/22 LOS
Grade: Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Working hours per week: 35 hours
Start and End Date: 1st December 2022
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Procurement
- The job holder will support the Corporate Services team in Finance and Procurement processes as well as ensure that post is in line with audit requirements and compliant with One HMG guidance and policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure procurement is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and Head of Corporate Services at the post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity.
- Provide a commercial lead on platform procurement needs under £25k closely following VMF principles.
- Working with the Regional Procurement Hub for Post to comply with the FCO Procurement policies and guidelines.
- Maintain records of suppliers and documentation
- Perform Supplier yearly market testing
- Lead procurement of capital expenditure at the BDHC, which includes generators, vehicles, and other assets.
- Monthly housekeeping of open Purchase Orders (POs), Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) reports, ensuring that POs are closed in a timely manner, and investigating any ‘red’ scores on the post report.
- Work closely with the accounts team to ensure invoices are received and uploaded for timely payment.
- Other procurement tasks as directed by line management.
- Reviewing all the supporting documents of a Supplier Maintenance Form and submitting them to the Head of Corporate Services for approval.
- Working with the Regional Procurement Hub and Embassy sections on opportunities for a framework agreement and cost savings initiative.
- Conduct regular market research in order to maximize VFM procurement opportunities and routes to market.
- Manage active supplier list and ensure it is fit for purpose across procurement categories.
- Maintain the agreed supplier list in conjunction with the Procurement Hub
- Manage the contract tender process of various procurements of goods, services, or work projects. This will include; sourcing of suppliers, creation of input and agreement of specification, preparation of tender documentation, liaison, and coordination with suppliers to clarify requirements, coordination and evaluation of bids, seeking appropriate approval, direct negotiation, agreement of contracts with their management and closure for the BDHC, Lagos.
- Manage documentation of all purchases and tenders above £25k through the Procurement hub.
- Ensure all contracts are delivered and managed in line with FCO legal requirements and procedures.
- Working with the different teams at Post to monitor supplier performance based on agreed KPIs.
Budget Management and Forecast amendments:
- Support planning and forecasting of seasonal procurement needs across departments.
- Arrange budget meetings in consultation with the Head of Corporate Services, attend meetings and take minutes, and distribute to budget holders.
- Lead on asset disposal in addition to any other capital assets as advised by DHCS in line with policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register for BDHC, Lagos.
- Act as cover in charge of the stationary store in the absence of the CS assistant.
- N350,000 Imprest
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel
- Have a Master’s Degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with a road map to completing the course.
- Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, and Working Together
USD1,314.06 / Month.
Other benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Full-time but should be willing to work flexible hours
How to Apply for The British High Commission (BHC) Recruitment for Procurement Officer, AO
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing date
8th November 2022
- Please check your application carefully before you submit it, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs of relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found at this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply