Trade Client Service Manager at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Our bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Client Service Manager
Job ID: 2300007681
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
The duties and responsibilities for the job vacancy are contained below. Please read the following instructions carefully and ensure that you complete each step. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- This role is responsible for delivering excellent client service and product advice for a select portfolio of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) priority clients in all interactions for their transactional enquiries, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- Acts as the in-country primary contact person for a portfolio of Priority clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints, and any other service issues
- Build strong relationship and rapport with clients at the transactional and operational level
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards
- Identify opportunities for increasing clients’ product utilisation, smoother operations and optimising channel usage through analysis of client data, proactive transaction monitoring using available tools
- Deliver product / channel training and advisory
- As a service partner, work together with Relationship Managers, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the Trade Services, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide end-to-end query resolution to client satisfaction
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling
- Log and manage all service interactions (enquiries, complaints, incidents, client visits etc.) within GEMS and / or other relevant systems to ensure that client data is captured and available for client insights / analysis and identification of improvement initiatives
- Leverage on metrics and client insights to understand clients’ needs, and continually identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc
- Lead periodic Service Reviews for Premier clients
- Review service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service standards
- Provide pro-active client updates
- Make proactive calls to clients to improve the utilisation level of facilities, increase transaction volume, and identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business.
People & Talent:
- Complete all e learning assigned to you
- Attend all Service trainings you are invited to.
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework for client service processes including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulation.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the Head, Trade Client Services to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
- This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Banking and or Service
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
- Market Knowledge: Strong product / process knowledge (in at least one product area) of the business.
- Client Knowledge: Knowledgeable in current and proposed client requirements in at least one product area. Current experience in active client management.
- Collaboration skills: Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team especially with product operations partners.
- Stakeholders / Clients: Highly experienced in engaging effectively with Business stakeholders, and Clients (from a service, not necessarily sales perspective).
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- Process Improvement
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Customer Service Management
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Relationship Management.
- Respective Product Operations Team Leaders, and Operations Head in country
- RMs & Business Managers
- TB Product & Sales Managers
- Head Client Experience, CCIB in country
- Country CIO
- GBS Product Operations Teams
- Technology partners e.g. PSS.
- External consultants
- Bank Audit / Accounting firms
- Local and Regional Regulators.
- Assist Head of Client Operations to achieve service improvement initiatives into making client journey simpler, faster, better.
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing Date for Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment
Not specified,however we encourage you to apply on time pending when the closing date Standard Chartered Bank recruitment will be released.