Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With Free VISA Sponsorship: Are you unemployed and seeking for job or wish to change your job to work as a Truck driver in Canada?Then, this post is for you. Applying for a truck driver job in Canada is a good idea as this kind of job will also offer visa sponsorship .
A recent survey has suggested that by 2024, the Canadian trucking sector will be short 48,000 long-haul truckers. This is great news for truck drivers as it will create an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to immigrate to Canada for this kind of work.
Who is a Truck Driver
A truck driver is a person who earns living driving trucks which are used to transport goods and materials on land. A truck driver typically transports goods from wholesalers to retailers and works various shifts either night or day, part-time or full-time. it’s no doubt a truck driver provides a very important service to various industries.
Benefits of Working as a Canadian Truck Driver with Visa Sponsorship
There are benefits attached to working as a truck driver especially when working in Canada with Visa sponsorship. This job may not be luxurious but its benefits may be what you need.
- You get medical and dental coverage
- Pension plans and RRSP
- Life insurance
- Job security
- High pay
- You have flexible working hours
- Provide benefits to family members.
As a truck driver aspiring to work in Canada there are things you need to know about your job and such things you will find in this article.
Companies are an increasing number of inclined to pay cash simplest to have a person skilled and dependable sufficient to fill the Truck work force jobs in Canada for his or her firm, especially given the lack of truck drivers in Canada and the popularity of truck using employment.
Moreover, the Canadian transportation industry continues to face high demand and employment vacancies for long-haul truck drivers. The Canadian government has also been supportive of all these development as they provide eligible foreign employees seeking work as truck drivers in the country with work visas.
Having said that, Let’s reveal to you modalities to take getting a truck driver job in Canada. This will help you know what’s required to get a visa sponsorship truck driver job being a foreigner in Canada.
They include the following:
- Certificates, Licenses, memberships, courses, and other credentials will be required for this job.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) is necessary, as well as the Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- Trucking and Equipment Types: Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway, Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles).
- Truck driver jobs in Canada include permanent, full-time, overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening works.
- A secondary school diploma is preferred but not essential for this position.
- Heavy-duty driving expertise is a plus, but it is not essential.
- Information about transportation and travel: Willing to travel throughout Canada and the United States. Willing to travel during the day, evening, or night, including overnight routes, and willing to travel for long periods of time.
- Other: Candidates must be legally permitted to work in Canada and willing to operate in a two-person team to drive long-haul trucks.
- The ability to communicate in basic or functional English is necessary.
- Safety and Security: Basic security clearance, criminal background check, driving record check (abstract), medical examination, and drug test are all required.
- Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for the transportation of products and supplies.
- Cargo loading and unloading, tarping, and guaranteeing cargo safety and security
- Ability to plan your trip routes and schedules.
- You should have the ability to use atlases and other planning tools to help you plan your journey.
- Receive information and relay it to the central dispatcher.
- The ability to drive in a convoy or as part of a two-person squad.
- You should also be able to examine the vehicle’s condition and inspect the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
Top Provincial Programs in Canada for Truck Driver Jobs
Here is the rundown of the leading programs to find a truck driver job with visa sponsorship in Canada:
In July 2019, the NOC code for transport truck drivers (7511) was added to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream, along with three other occupations.
It means that experienced truck drivers who have a work offer in Ontario can follow a defined path to permanent residence in Canada. Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
With 837 job adverts now available, Quebec leads the way in terms of provincial opportunities for truck drivers. According to information on the Quebec government’s employment website, truck driver employment prospects are ‘excellent’ with their platform.
Access Quebec website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
Long-haul truckers are another in-demand profession under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, with over 500 job openings on the employment bank. Both the Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry are open to truck drivers.
Employers wishing to hire truck drivers in Manitoba should use the federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers process. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program only allows businesses to hire outside of the LMIA procedure provided certain criteria are met, such as recruitment efforts and compliance with provincial labor laws.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
British Columbia is a provincial program for truck drivers in Canada is
A full-time job offer in long-haul trucking is the gold standard for candidates in British Columbia’s entry-level and semi-skilled category, which has over 400 positions on the job bank. Long-haul drivers can live in the province permanently. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
Newfoundland and Labrador
This is a province in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador
The Labour Market Outlook 2025 report in Newfoundland and Labrador highlights truck driving as an occupation that will require significant immigration to meet job vacancy demand. For the NLPNP’s Skilled Worker and Express Entry streams, trucking companies must apply to be eligible employers.
For people already working in Canada on a work permit, Saskatchewan Immigration has a separate Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category. The occupation also qualifies for the province’s Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand categories, which each draw targets certain occupations.
Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511) are one of two target jobs in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations In-Demand Stream. This provides a clear road to permanent residence for drivers.
You can hope to get a truck driver job with visa sponsorship in Canada, through this program.
Wages for Truck Drivers in Canada
Truck drivers’ hourly salaries are now competitive with national and provincial averages.
According to job bank and Statistics Canada data, the median wage of truck drivers is slightly lower than the national average, but it can soar to more than $8 over that average, to $32 per hour, in several circumstances.
Wages for truck drivers are projected to climb as labor market demand rises in the future years, as is expected.
In conclusion, the demand for truck drivers in Canada is alarming. You don’t need to think twice to take advantage of this opportunity. There are millions of Truck driver job slot in Canada with visa sponsorship.
We hope this article helps you fulfill your dream. Information is power hence, we encourage you to share this article with your friends that in order to keep them updated.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here