Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Manager
Do you have what it takes to be a manager in our company? Working at the Unilever Nigeria Plc provides a unique opportunity for you to actualize and exercise your skills. We are currently recruiting interested and qualified candidates to fill the position of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Manager in our company.
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
Applications is invited for:
Job Title: SHE Manager
Job Requisition ID: R-56957
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Main Job Purpose
- The Country SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at all non-manufacturing sites in the country/cluster.
- These sites include all head offices, sales offices, R&D centres, distribution centres, and merchandizers.
- S/he works with Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans and supports the deployment of group safety strategies to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs.
- S/he also has responsibility for leading the Community of Practice of SHE professionals and overseeing legal compliance of all sites in the country/cluster.
- S/he represents the country/cluster in the Group forums and vice versa.
READ- ExxonMobil Corporation Graduate Internship Programme (Medical Science – Nursing) 2023
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the non-manufacturing sites to achieve excellent sustainable results.
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with ManEx
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site.
- Support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS) primarily in the R&D sites.
- Monitor non-manufacturing sites legal compliance an ensure they meet all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment in the non-manufacturing sites and develop/implement appropriate controls.
- Reduce the non-manufacturing sites’ environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption.
- Oversee the legal compliance of all manufacturing sites in the country/cluster.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health.
- Assist the Cluster SC VP in leading and developing the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support site leaders in the country/cluster in serious incident investigation and analysis.
- Oversee professional SHE skills in the non-manufacturing sites, determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
- Lead the community of practice of SHE professionals (manufacturing and non-manufacturing) to ensure sharing of best practice and effective communication to and from Group.
- Oversee OS/EPR/SHE PAR reporting in non-manufacturing within the cluster for accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist the relevant VP to lead the Country/Cluster Safe Travel Committee and ensure compliance with safe travel training and reporting requirements.
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required.
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations.
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses and safe behaviour observations.
To be eligible for Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Science or Engineering
- Experience in Supply Chain operations
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management.
- Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities.
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability
- 5 – 10 years in extended Supply Chain operations
- All functions at the non-manufacturing sites
- Site SHE Managers, Site Leaders
- Group SHE team.
- 3PL Suppliers, Co-Packers
- Government Agencies and regulatory authorities.
How to Apply for Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
You may like to read International Finance Corporation (IFC) 2023 Global Internship Program For Young Professionals
How to get latest updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply