United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2024/2025 Application Form
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace calls for applications from all eligible and interested applicants wishing to apply for United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2024/2025.
The steps listed below will guide you in applying for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2024/2025. For you to stand a chance of being selected for Fellowship programme, you must do the following:
So take this guide very seriously because all the information you need to know regarding United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2024/2025process is on this page.
Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible using the guidelines below. The deadline this year is November 28, 2023 at 4:00PM EDT
The 2024-25 Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is now open. This program partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships.
Currently, the program awards up to 18 fellowships per year, and awards support both research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
Applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in the field of international relations, peace and conflict studies, security studies, and other related academic disciplines, as well as diplomacy and international policymaking, are strongly encouraged.
USIP seeks applications from Ph.D. candidates with high-quality, policy relevant research that will deepen understanding about conflict management, peacebuilding and other applicable security-related studies. USIP strongly prefers applications closely related to the USIP Issue Areas and/or research priorities of the Minerva Research Initiative.
Special consideration will be given to proposed research in the following areas*:
- Strategic rivalry
- Global shocks and fragility
- The American approach to peacebuilding
- USIP funds up to 18 Peace Scholars for a 10-month, non-residential fellowship. Peace Scholars receive stipends of up to $20,000 paid directly to the individual in three tranches. Peace Scholar awards may not be deferred.
- Peace Scholars are required to participate in an annual workshop, in-person in Washington, D.C. in Fall 2024. The Peace Scholar is required to submit a copy of their completed and committee approved dissertation to USIP
Applying for the Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is a two-step process.
REGISTRATION: All applicants must have registered for this competition even if you have registered previously for another USIP competition.
APPLICATION: After completing the registration, applicants must prepare and submit a complete application. USIP does not provide status updates on submitted applications at any time.
- Registration opens: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Registration closes: Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 4:00PM EDT
- Application deadline: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 4:00PM EDT
- Letters of reference due: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 4:00PM EDT
For More Information:
Application Closing Date
Applications for this fellowship programme ends November 28, 2023 at 4:00PM EDT