This is to inform the general public of the urgent job recruitment at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI). Interested and qualified candidates to apply by reading and following the steps and guidelines below. Please note, all details/documents must be correctly filled in other not to get disqualified.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Locations: Monguno, Borno
Starting Date: ASAP
Nationality: For Nigeria Nationals only
- Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant assists him/her in all the activities related to human resources management at Monguno base office.
- Organize the necessary personnel and contractual documents for all base staff
- Ensure that all HR files are complete and updated
- During on boarding of new staff, prepare all documentation for base staff to ensure they benefit from all social covers offered by PUI
- Update the base internal contact list on a monthly basis by compiling and verifying data received from bases
- Prepare the HR files for audit and verification visits
- Assist the HR Officer in the preparation of meetings when needed.
- Manage the physical and electronic archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process
- Prepare administrative equipment of base staff (ID cards, medical insurance cards, etc.)
- Record minutes of meetings when asked by the line manager
- Receive and compile any claims from base national staff, and report them to his/her line manager
- Prepare, compile and share mission documents on a weekly basis (job announcements, recruitment follow up, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisals deadlines for national staff and inform their managers accordingly
- Regularly update the coordination HR database,
- Ensure the respect of termination procedures and prepare all necessary documents
- Assist the HR Officer in the implementation and respect of HR policy and procedures
- Prepare local staff contracts and amendments and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms & conditions
- Keep track of the base staff leaves and update concerned tools accordingly
- When delegated, update the base and key staff organizational charts.
- Maintain and ensure the completion of all recruitment documents in HR files
- Assist the HR Officer in the recruitments at base level and attend interviews when needed
- Prepare the integration of any new employee.
- File and archive the resumes received on the email address and transfer them to recruiters
- Be the focal point for the communication with candidates throughout the whole process
- Schedule technical tests and interviews
- Assist in identifying training institutions as per the identified needs
- Forward to line manager the identified skills to be improved that were reported in performance appraisals
- Update the concerned tools according to trainings received.
- Assist the line Manager to organise or plan trainings
- Archive training certificates and attendance sheets in HR files as per the archiving process
- Collect, monthly, the advances on salaries request
- Update all changes related to change of bank account for Base staff in the HR data base.
Priorities of the Department
- Assist in the good application of the isr and guidelines
- Digitalization of the hr files & assist in the physical and electronic archival of hr files as per the archiving and filing process
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisal deadlines for national staff
- Ensure that all base staff are well registered to benefit of all social and medical coverage provided by PUI
- Ensure a confidentiality on all hr matters
- Assist in the implementation of capacity building plan
- Must be Fluent in English and Hausa; Kanuri is an asset (intermediate level is desirable).
- Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months Experience in Human Resources management or as an HR Intern (in a NGO would be preferable).
- Knowledgable about the Nigerian Labor Law and the provisions of the National Social Security law.
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Committed to engage in the humanitarian field.
- Well organized
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
Note: Female applicants from Monguno LGA – Borno State that fulfill the mandatory requirements for the position are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address firstname.lastname@example.org for updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/Recruitmentslot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here