Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) Recruitment form for Senior Medical Officer
About Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) – Founded in 2004, The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) was created with the aim of improving health outcomes for women, infants and children whilst working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality and Opportunity (GEO).
At the WBFA, we combine our programmes with advocacy work in Nigeria and around the world allowing every health worker, mother and child access to life altering advice, opportunities and health solutions.
READ –Malaria Consortium Nigeria 2022/2023 Job Recruitment – Register Now
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Responsible To: Country Director
Duration: Initial 12 month contract (3 month probationary period)
Scope of Work
- We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented doctor with strong clinical and programmatic acumen to fill the post of Medical Officer.
- The successful candidate will be tasked with the medical management of all external, internal programs from WBFA’s Lagos Office.
- A candidate with experience in the international NGO sector would be preferable, but more importantly, the candidate will be someone adept in project management, service delivery, capacity building of WBFA staff and community intervention. Ad hoc medical tasks would also be required of the candidate.
- Seek out and nurture quality partnerships with community structures and support staff in coordination of activities with partner agencies.
- The Senior Health Officer shall be responsible for the supervision and day-to-day management of WBFA Lagos office health activities.
- Provide on-the-job support to WBFA and facility staff (where programs are ongoing) including training and skills development as needed
- Supporting WBFA and donor/partner activities and programs with applied medical knowledge and skills in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment according to national guidelines and protocols
- Will oversee the stock management of medicines, medical supplies, and Medical equipment and support the WBFA Lagos and central office as well as partner health facilities to prepare timely requisitions for replenishment based on consumption records.
- Together with WBFA Lagos program staff, coordinate with healthcare stakeholders in Lagos State e.g Facility CMD’s, Commissioner of Health, State Primary Health Development Board, Local government authorities, and other actors in the sector whilst maintaining good relations with them,
- Determine personnel needs for field-level activities and in coordination with the National Administrator and Human Resources Manager, assist in recruitment of staff
- Monitor and supervise the WBFA staff and midwives under his/her supervision, and ensure that work is done properly and efficiently
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Develop ongoing education programs for health staff, and conduct trainings and on-the-job training for health staff.
- Review personnel issues and concerns of health staff and assist in determining and implementing solutions.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ- MTN Nigeria 2022/2023 Job Recruitment Application Form
Grant Management & Reporting:
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that affect budget and programmatic adherence.
- Work with M&E team to analyze data on a weekly/monthly basis, feeds information back to the program, and adapts strategies accordingly.
- Supports the National Administrator and HR manager/M&E officer in monitoring and following up on specific indicators
- Ensure medical project activities are implemented according to the work-plan and within the allocated budgets.
- Prepare weekly work-plans with the health teams.
- Responsible for validation of program data and timely submission to M&E on weekly basis.
- Thought-leadership and medical diligence/analysis of new partnership and program opportunities.
- Weekly activity reports writing
- Supervise and regular review and revise training manuals to maintain consistency with the acceptable protocols.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with other relevant sectors such as Reproductive Health, Women Protection & Empowerment, Child Protection and Environmental Health to ensure a holistic WBFA service package is available in response to the needs.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, MoH, donors and community stakeholders.
- Maintain effective relations with the Ministry of Health and it MDAs
- Represent WBFA during site visits of external guests and WBFA Lagos office visitors.
- Ensures teamwork and professional relationship between the different sectors and government agencies.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Medicine and/or Surgery from a recognized institution, with strong public Health background, master’s in public health is an asset
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Preferably trained in Basic (and Comprehensive) Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care
- Certificates or Licenses: Must be registered with Nigeria Medical Practitioners
- High level of integrity and dependability with leadership qualities
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years post internship experience in clinical medicine and public health.
- Experience in supervising health staff at the primary health care level.
- Have sound understanding of the Nigerian Public health system landscape.
- Ability to work with communities with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Word and Excel.
How to Apply for Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here
Leave a Reply