World Bank Group Recruitment Portal 2022 For Investment Officer- Apply Now: The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions.
In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are inviting applications for the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer
Job #: req18412
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC – a member of the World Bank Group – is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
- We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
- In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billions to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Africa Department is recruiting an Investment Officer to join the Manufacturing team, which is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the manufacturing sectors.
- The Investment Officer will be based in Lagos, Nigeria, or Dakar, Senegal, and will report to the Manufacturing Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or rescheduling.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sector and support team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision.
- Work closely across departments to support the development and implementation of relevant sector strategies (including country strategies, SCDs, CPSDs, etc.)
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conduct due diligence, structuring deals, negotiate terms and documentation, arrange syndications, and process internal approvals.
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Finance or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of work experience for a major commercial or investment bank with significant emerging markets presence, an international financial institution or a private equity firm.
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries and to build networks across the region, including the ability to mentor and coach others to achieve results.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. French language skills strongly preferred, fluency in other languages a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus (particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business Partner.
- Strong financial and credit skills; sound business judgment and demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client needs effectively.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply for World Bank Group Recruitment 2022
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here