Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development Recruitment Portal For Development & Learning Officer
Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues affecting them and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications, and media engagements, partnerships, and programme implementation. We also work on a broad range of issues such as Gender, Governance, and Environment, however, our priority over the years has been on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights.
Since its inception, YNCSD has been catalyzing efforts of young people towards ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective programming that transforms social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting reproductive health and Rights for women and girls. Part of our activities is to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted and that women and girls have access to reproductive health services and are given the opportunity to exercise full agency over their bodies. We pride ourselves to be a leading youth-led organization delivering quality programmes and interventions for our donors and partners based in Nigeria and globally.
Job Title: Development & Learning Officer
Location: Abuja (Head Office)
Employment Type: Contract (Part-time and hybrid options are possible)
Reporting to Founder / CEO
Contract duration: 1-year contract with the intention of extension if need be.
Start date: 3rd January, 2023
- The Development & Learning Officer contributes significantly to the growth and sustainability of Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development (YNCSD).
- This role is responsible for managing the writing and submission of grant applications and reports, leading the organization’s annual fundraising and donor recognition, and carrying out the administration of the donor database.
- The Development & Learning Officer works collaboratively across departments on grant activities while stewarding relationships with new and existing donors, and provides support to the CEO and Board of YNCSD on achieving momentous sustainability and Business Development plans.
- This role has significant responsibility for overseeing complex projects and is accountable for achieving specific funding goals laid out in the strategic plan.
- This role will oversee internal reporting, and database maintenance of reports and operational support to operationalize the Learning and Monitoring plans of YNCSD so as to drive internal learning, knowledge management, and cross-breeding these into new project designs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Grant Portfolio Management (70%):
- Writes and leads the development of proposals and reports, manages the submission and agreement processes
- Takes leadership and full end-to-end responsibility of the proposal pipeline, donor research and BD project management.
- Works closely with the Senior Programme Associate, and Strategic Advisors to ensure grant requirements are fulfilled on time
- Makes deliberate efforts to establish linkages with like-minded organizations and position YNCSD for consortium applications and joint proposals.
- Works collaboratively across departments to compile the necessary information for applications and reports
- Manages the grant proposal and reporting calendars, and tracks activities in fundraising database and hard-copy filing system
- Researches funding prospects and keeps an eye on grant and funding trends
Donor Relations Management (10%):
- Maintains detailed records of all donor (including major donors) contact; ensures timely and personal appreciation and recognition is completed
- Manages weekly Business Development calls and monthly pipeline overview meeting
- Works with the Communications and Advocacy department to develop and enhance promotion and recognition tools aimed at individual donors (website, print pieces, email content, story/pic/video library, frames, project briefs)
- Manages the donor recognition and stewardship program, including updating organization policies and procedures
Maintains active database of partners, stakeholders and like minded organizations Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning plus Database Administration (20%):
- Acts as the organization’s database system administrator covering MEL products, Business Development trackers etc.
- Performs regular database maintenance, including system backups and duplicate management
- Tracks internal reporting and maintenance of staff and activity reports and synthesize into monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Manages monthly Knowledge Management Calls with Executive Team
- Manages projects on an ad hoc basis related to Program Department priorities when needed especially when new projects are won before handing over to a Project Officer.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in writing winning proposals across a wide range of donors
- Experience working with large, complex organizational budgets and in an operations role.
- Excellent written and oral communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, the board, and external relations.
- Works well independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work well in a complex and fluid environment in an organization that is growing.
- Honest and willing to admit mistakes and ask for help from team members
- Pro-active and dynamic in delivering work streams
- Must be an excellent writer.
- Resourceful and organized with high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
- Excellent project management skills.
We value the health and well-being of our employees, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Salary: N70,000 – N150,000 Monthly (depending on experience)
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance options
- Flexible work schedules and technology benefits
- Professional learning and development and educational assistance.
- Paid holidays, time off, and parental leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application stating their motivation and the skills that they would bring to this specific post along with their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Development and Learning Officer” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date is 16th December, 2022.
Kindly note the following:
- Documents must be in English
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Female and gender-diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- YNCSD is an equal opportunity employer with values grounded in promoting equality and inclusion and embracing diversity. We welcome qualified applicants of all races, colors, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic classes, ages, religions, national origins, and ability/disability statuses.
- Veterans and individuals with lived expertise are encouraged to apply.
- We respect and seek to empower every member of our Foundation community. We support and celebrate our collective array of cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and experiences; fully realizing that such diversity is what makes our organization flourish and better enables us to fulfill our mission in the world.
How to get latest job updates regularly and on time
kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address to get updates for FREE
Also follow our twitter News Handles for latest updates twitter.com/RecruitmentSlot
In case of any issue or challenge or questions click here